The Drill Instructor's "Winning Ball Aiming System"

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
And like Houle, he can do some amazing things with a cue ball--and like Houle, many of his accusers haven't actually seen him shoot in person!

I also feel the pain on the other recent thread about HH, who was a genius, but a misunderstood genius (as if there is another kind!).

You probably never had the opportunity to see Hal shoot in person or get a live lesson as well as on the phone when he poured his heart and knowledge into it with a player he liked and trusted on the other end.

However, your words above couldn't possibly ring more true!

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
The Drill Instructor

I've attended a two-hour Dom clinic before (more than once) where he goes five or six hours. His passion is excellent for teaching and for the students. And like Houle, he can do some amazing things with a cue ball--and like Houle, many of his accusers haven't actually seen him shoot in person! Not every student likes every instructor who works for them (quite the contrary) but Dom has raving fans who adore him and learn from him.
I appreciate people who are asking me offline about Dom and his tools and programs--I love working with him.
I also feel the pain on the other recent thread about HH, who was a genius, but a misunderstood genius (as if there is another kind!).
Interesting to read your comments about 'Drill Instructor'.
I happened, by pure chance, to see a guy at an Elks Lodge last night who had bought this system and was practicing with it at a table. (had quite a crowd gathered around watching and trying it themselves with the templates).
Being a devoted Stan Shuffett CTE shooter, I watched intensely.
I do not think the Drill Instructor's method is as PRECISE as CTE, especially for the banking games, but those cut shots were flying in the pockets like they had eyes for each person that walked up and gave it a try.
I never said a word, just watched, and I have no intentions of getting off CTE...I worked too hard to understand it and it is ingrained now and that's all I need to accomplish what I want to do at a pool table.
I will say though, that these eternal knockers and haters around this place will get quite a surprise if they challenge this drill instructor method as BS, etc etc etc.
I'd say the odds are about 5-1 that some of them will be out of the gate about this before the day is over.
Time will tell.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Sadly, I never saw HH in person but we spent a good deal of time on the phone and his passion was unmatched.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
This comes from a conceptualization that Dom Esposito, The Drill Instructor, had--he is always innovating products to help others. We discussed his "eureka" moment in person and he showed me this concept before release. It is a different way of identifying and sighting on back-of-ball aiming. It is not diagramming half-ball hits.

I'm aware that different players respond to different visualizations and conceptions, I've tested Dom's system and it is accurate.

Very wise words- well written,

have a smooth stroke,

Ingo

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
It looks to me more like 90/90 than anything else. If the screen is enlarged and "pause" is activated, the top instructions can be easily read. He even mentioned 90/90 as well as center to edge in his spiel so they play a major role in his offshoot of both.

You're aiming the tip of the cue to the outer edge of the OB and PIVOTING
back from there.

Since you find Dom's system accurate then I'd have to assume since he used variations of 90/90 and CTE, you would also find them very accurate IF you knew how to do them.

DO HIS WRITTEN OR VERBAL SET OF SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS WHEN AIMING TO EXACT POINTS AND PIVOTING BACK TO AN EXACT POINT FROM THERE GIVE YOU THE IMPRESSION THAT HIS SYSTEM IS QUITE OBJECTIVE OR SUBJECTIVE TO WHERE YOU HAD TO IMPROVISE AND MAKE FURTHER ADJUSTMENTS ON YOUR OWN TO POCKET THE BALLS?

Well- was also my observation and my opinion- feelin good, that someone else also had the same opinion :)

But what i find much more *great*--
the posting of marty and you yourself Dave-- T H A T is, what a forum should be like! To help each other by trying to give a better understanding.....by giving the necessary respect to your opponent.

perfect example, how it should be- made my day.

lg from overseas,

Ingo

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
I purchased the "Drill instructor" aiming system to find out more about it.
It involves a pivot, and also a parallel shift which is a half ball parallel shift.
It works and surprising well as balls were dropping with ease.
I won't be using it, as I just could not get into doing a half ball parallel movement.
I must say that providing a shooting template on how to execute the technique was an excellent idea.
All the best to 'The drill instructor"
Cheers
Gazman100

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Well- was also my observation and my opinion- feelin good, that someone else also had the same opinion :)

But what i find much more *great*--
the posting of marty and you yourself Dave-- T H A T is, what a forum should be like! To help each other by trying to give a better understanding.....by giving the necessary respect to your opponent.

perfect example, how it should be- made my day.

lg from overseas,

Ingo

And Thank You for the Thank You. Glad I made your day.

It also helps tremendously when a certain someone has been BANNED and can no longer be disruptive or contentious when anything positive is shared.

(if you don't know who I'm talking about here's a hint on his initials - it's the 16th and 10th letters of the alphabet. It will only last as long as the ban is in place.)

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I purchased the "Drill instructor" aiming system to find out more about it.
It involves a pivot, and also a parallel shift which is a half ball parallel shift.
It works and surprising well as balls were dropping with ease.
I won't be using it, as I just could not get into doing a half ball parallel movement.
I must say that providing a shooting template on how to execute the technique was an excellent idea.
All the best to 'The drill instructor"
Cheers
Gazman100

Very good, also talk with him in person re: starting position for cue and eyesight--this maybe why the shift was an extra challenge and this may be repaired.