Ronnie O'Sullivan is coming to America !

Catahula

I said "SIT!"
Silver Member
I would...

travel to New Orleans just to see Ronnie's face the first time he hits Buffalo Billiards. Joey A should be on deck a good southern host and show Ronnie the ropes as it were. This trip could be very interesting.:smile:
Tommy

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads-up!

Holy CRAP! He's coming to New Orleans!

Ronnie O, I hereby challenge you to a match of one pocket for all the New Orleans food you can eat. (Ok, we can play 9 ball, 8 ball, or "gulp" straight pool.)

See you at Buffalos Billiards in Metairie, Louisiana or Lacy's Cue in Chalmette, Louisiana (both are suburbs of New Orleans) and you have a personal taxi at your whim.

JoeyA

P.S. I may have to call my politician friend from Norway to get this match coordinated. Regardless, Ronnie, is my favorite player on the other side of the pond, although I don't get a chance to see him playing pool. My young pal, Phil Burford is TOP SHELF.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
Not to worry..............My best pal is a shrink so I will have back up for Ronnie O and me!
JoeyA

I feel bad for this guy. He definitely has mental issues. Slightly unstable.
Look him up. Look at his documentary. I wish the guy well, but in all reality,
he is missing a few nuts and bolts.

JoeyA

Silver Member
The APPLE, just put the damper on me. He said Ronnie was coming to do a little filming and some vacationing in New Orleans.

STILL, I will be on Ronnie O like gumbo on rice. :D

JoeyA

travel to New Orleans just to see Ronnie's face the first time he hits Buffalo Billiards. Joey A should be on deck a good southern host and show Ronnie the ropes as it were. This trip could be very interesting.:smile:
Tommy

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

...Regardless, Ronnie, is my favorite player on the other side of the pond, although I don't get a chance to see him playing pool...

JoeyA

Likewise Joey..Except I would say "either side of the pond"!..I am in complete awe, watching Ronnie when he is in dead punch, which is almost all the time!..The only things that match his ball pocketing, and positional skills, (aka cueball control) is his demeanor, and crowd pleasing color at the table!

I have to believe, if he had turned to pool games, instead of snooker, in his formative years, we would have all seen a new "top dog" in pocket billiards!..Mosconi, Buddy, Earl, SVB and Efren, are/were exceptional talents, but Ronnie O, had ALL the ingredients, (including charisma) to be the best, and most popular player who ever lived :thumbup:

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Holy CRAP! He's coming to New Orleans!

Ronnie O, I hereby challenge you to a match of one pocket for all the New Orleans food you can eat. (Ok, we can play 9 ball, 8 ball, or "gulp" straight pool.)

See you at Buffalos Billiards in Metairie, Louisiana or Lacy's Cue in Chalmette, Louisiana (both are suburbs of New Orleans) and you have a personal taxi at your whim.

JoeyA

P.S. I may have to call my politician friend from Norway to get this match coordinated. Regardless, Ronnie, is my favorite player on the other side of the pond, although I don't get a chance to see him playing pool. My young pal, Phil Burford is TOP SHELF.

JoeyA
I have never been to New Orleans, but if the Ronny O show confirms a visit to town, I might have to make some travel plans!!!

Freddie <~~~ practicing with some Bourbon

JoeyA

Silver Member
Snooker G.O.A.T. vs Earl Strickland

I wonder how many people know that the snooker G.O.A.T., Ronnie O'Sullivan has beaten Earl Strickland playing 9 ball?

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
I have never been to New Orleans, but if the Ronny O show confirms a visit to town, I might have to make some travel plans!!!

Freddie <~~~ practicing with some Bourbon

Pack your bags. I'll let you know when he is headed this way. In the meantime, I have to get up to speed on snooker and what's going on in Ronnie O'Sullivan's head these days.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
It should be a blast. I've already picked out a Cajun Buffett Seafood place to go to. :D

Buff said Efren coming to Buffalos Billiards is going to start a riot.

When Ronnie O'Sullivan makes it to Lacy's and Buffs, people will be going like WTH, that dude can play. :D

I'll just hang around with him to make sure he doesn't go too bad, down in the French Quarter.

JoeyA

Tommy

JoeyA

Silver Member
If he comes between now and December, I know we could go catch some fish. No, not the pool kind. Speckled Trout & Red Fish!

JoeyA

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the good news is the show finally airs next Thursday January 26th at 10pm.

The bad news is it looks like it's only going to air (at least for now) on History Channel UK, and not here in America.

I'm sure it'll be uploaded to YouTube though, or someone will post a link to the show when it airs.

bicki

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know that Americans are not so much into Snooker... but Ronny O'Sullivan is seen by almost every top snooker player as the best who ever picked up a cue! I would say his status in Snooker is even higher that Efren's in pool!

seeing Ronny in full gear - in the zone - is pure art! Nothing like him... If you guys have a chance to see him, go for it. This is bucket-list stuff.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well the good news is the show finally airs next Thursday January 26th at 10pm.

The bad news is it looks like it's only going to air (at least for now) on History Channel UK, and not here in America.

I'm sure it'll be uploaded to YouTube though, or someone will post a link to the show when it airs.
Is it multiple segments? I know they were in the US for a month. They must have gotten a lot more than an hour. I think they interviewed Bucktooth for an hour.

I was Ronnie's eight ball fish for the taping here. He prefers to play pool left handed.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it multiple segments? I know they were in the US for a month. They must have gotten a lot more than an hour. I think they interviewed Bucktooth for an hour.

I was Ronnie's eight ball fish for the taping here. He prefers to play pool left handed.

I believe it's going to be 4 episodes. I'm assuming 1 hour for each one.

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Memphis!

Looking forward to Ronnie's documentary on pool :D

http://asia.eurosport.com/snooker/w...k-at-sixth-world-title_sto5483812/story.shtml

After he moves on from the frustration of losing in the second round for the first time since 2009, O’Sullivan is planning a trip to America over the summer months to film a documentary on the game of pool. “I’m looking forward to a few more exhibitions, a trip to Romania, a bit of holiday time and a nice three-week trip across America,” he said. “I’m doing a travel log programme. I’m going to New York, Chicago, Memphis and New Orleans. It is a bit about pool and local pool players are going to show us around the area. “We’re going to have fun, bounce around America and have a bit of a laugh.”

_88275696_ronnie.jpg

Hope he does come to Memphis. I can play a match for Memphis BBQ and Gus's Fried Chicken!

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know what the name of this show is going to be? I'd like to keep an eye out for it.