Incredible Ed Young Bubinga 60" Custom!

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Can't say enough about this Bubinga beauty. Many upgrades, 60", super figured Bubinga, EE leather wrap, solid ivory joint and ferrules and one shaft appears to have an original Moori tip, but just guessing. It plays just wonderful. Not sure about the ring work. Appears to be sterling. Pretty much perfect condition except for some chalk on the shafts, which I will clean and recondition if wanted, to be perfect. Would like to get hold of Ed for more info. if anyone has contact number or email. Asking SOLD. At least a couple years if at all, to get one from Ed I'm told. I believe he has partnered with Kersenbrock over the years. PM me with any ?
EYButt1.jpg

EYFopre.jpg

EYJoint.jpg

EYFull.jpg

EYJoint1.jpg

Last edited:

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I own two Ed Youngs and I love them! Is this cue a 50/50 split for butt and shaft? Also, as I understand it, Ed isn't taking orders from new customers. YMMV

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Here are the specifications for all that are interested:

Butt - 15.2 oz. without the weight bolt. There is a .5 oz. weight bolt I removed to make it lighter that comes with the cue.
Shaft #1 - 4.1 oz. and 12.65 mm
Shaft #2 - 4.2 oz. and 12.55 mm
Both tips appear to be old Moori mediums, just guessing, but that's what they look and play like.

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Great cue in beautiful condition. May keep it if there is no serious interest soon. These are just to hard to come by. I believe I may have it underpriced. Could be years to get another like this from Ed. Maybe someone would know if the ring work is sterling or pewter or ? Going to try and get in touch with Ed soon. Not your standard cue. This is a 60" model.

Last edited:

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Amazing

I would buy this but for the 60 inch length. I have had an Ed Young before-- fantastic cues. Super rare.

Good luck!

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Love the extra reach a 60" cue affords. The cue is just elegant and the shaft quality tapers are perfection.

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Yes I still own this one. Love the hit of Bubinga and Ed's beautiful work. Trades rarely work out, but will look at Schon Runde era cues and Titlist conversions by top builders and cues by Murrell, Bluegrass, Eric Crisp, John Nemec, Vigus, etc.

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Love the Bubinga look and playing quality. Just ordered some Bubinga for a custom I'm having built. Not sure how much longer I will offer this beauty.

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Getting an education on Bubinga. Wood this beautiful is getting hard to get. Much of the wood is going into large table tops. Have not found any to compare to this beauty for cues.

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Into buying right now, don't need to sell this one anymore. Will not post on this one again for awhile. PM me if you are interested.

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Sold!

SOLD! Just in time, have about half a dozen projects arriving end of February. thanks for all the interest. If you have a Young or Kirsenbrock PJ I'm interested. Must be 19 oz. or less

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Still looking to buy another Ed Young or Kersenbrock plain jane under 19 oz. if anyone has one. Starting to regret selling this one. Message me if you have one.