Korean Hollywood 9ft with floating slate

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Hi all,
I have a Korean 9 footer with 1 inch 3 piece slate.
There is no screws to screw the slate to the frame and the slate just floats on top of the chassis.
The original installer has used some kind of glue to keep the 3 pieces of slate together.
I've included some pic's so you can check it out.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to join glue a 3 piece slate together.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20190429_160952~01[1].jpg
    20190429_160952~01[1].jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 20190429_161002~02~01[1].jpg
    20190429_161002~02~01[1].jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 181

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
clean all of the old adhesive off. Use the "liquid dowels" method. Super glue and a bonding material. Some use drywall tape or paper towels or sheets of paper. 3- 2 inch long dowels on each seam. Makes sure the seams are PERFECTLY FLAT. There should be an instructional video for this. kind of a long post to type out.

Trent from Toledo

SlateMate

Banned
looks like he used bondo on the top of the seam and adhesive caulk in the middle. what a mess..... how are you supposed to level it if without screws securing it to the frame?

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand why the slates aren't screwed down. The frames appear to be particle material with thin wood facings. Changes in heat and humidity are sure to cause the frame to move possibly tearing out any screws. Mitch

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I understand why the slates aren't screwed down. The frames appear to be particle material with thin wood facings. Changes in heat and humidity are sure to cause the frame to move possibly tearing out any screws. Mitch

my soren sogaard has particle board, the base stands, i wasnt happy seeing it, suprised it holds up the 1500 plus pounds of slate and steel beams

that said, my table is in my garage in humid texas, the tems dont make it move off hardly at all, i broke out the level 2 weeks ago, been about 7 months since i set it up, wasnt off by near nothin with the machinist bubble level

im suprised

to the op, i love these 9ft korean hollywood tables