Funny pic/gif thread...

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being upset that a car with half the cylinders can lay the smack down on the strip and run 8's or better..... is hardly an excuse for whining.......

:rolleyes:

Serious question for those in the know. I get that you can spend 100 k and make a Jetta beat a GTO in the quarter mile.

How about a stock Jetta vs. a Stock GTO?

How about if you spent 100k on each?

(Could substitute any rice burner and any american muscle, those 2 just came to mind).

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Being upset that a car with half the cylinders can lay the smack down on the strip and run 8's or better..... is hardly an excuse for whining.......

:rolleyes:

I don’t know much about these things....I like driving Ramchargers
My oldest bro would be able to discuss stuff like this....he built some nice stuff as a kid.

F1F116C6-E097-4F9F-BA15-B51B7E1BA6EF.jpeg

He used to lay a 20 dollar bill on the dash..would say to the front seat passenger...
..”If you can pick it up after I hit the peddle, it’s yours.”...never lost a dime

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Serious question for those in the know. I get that you can spend 100 k and make a Jetta beat a GTO in the quarter mile.

(Could substitute any rice burner and any american muscle, those 2 just came to mind).

I know you can hit 10s in a del sol for a VERY low cost. Much less than what you'd expect to put into a GTO and get the same numbers.

Bottom line, if you want to put 100k into anything.... you'll be having a lot of fun in a custom piece, that's very fast.

Stock to stock? you've already lost money, reliability and mpg's on the GTO. For those in the know......:cool:

Attachments

• hey-import-can-you-dothis-hey-muscle-car-can-you-2941823.png
    hey-import-can-you-dothis-hey-muscle-car-can-you-2941823.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,160
Last edited:

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How about a stock Scat Pack Charger @~$40k, 12.5 on street tires & 23-23mpg? :)

Keith

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I know you can hit 10s in a del sol for a VERY low cost. Much less than what you'd expect to put into a GTO and get the same numbers.

Bottom line, if you want to put 100k into anything.... you'll be having a lot of fun in a custom piece, that's very fast.

Stock to stock? you've already lost money, reliability and mpg's on the GTO. For those in the know......:cool:

I'll take a Yamaha R1 straight off the showroom floor, thank you very much. Better gas mileage, better cornering, better braking and pretty much blow away anything w four wheels on the street. Sure, there is always something faster but at what cost?

Cops, what cops. I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun someone else running from the bear.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But a Del Sol weighs like 125 lbs doesn't it? I don't have a good grasp of 1/4 mile times. (If it isn't a 4x4, I have never owned one :wink:) How much HP and torque would that del sol have? Or is HP not vital to fast track times?

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member

Keith

My $10k GTI with a stage 2 tune for 1200 takes that Scat Pack Charger to Gapplebees.... and I'll be the first to admit my car is slow!But like others have said weight plays a factor.
The Charger has about 1,100 pounds on me.

Attachments

• 66f8de1bd6fe24ddc48191eb95a677cf--funny-memes-funny-shit.jpg
    66f8de1bd6fe24ddc48191eb95a677cf--funny-memes-funny-shit.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,378

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Keith

Do you know how many of these things I see around Detroit? Like the most common car around, I swear.

Good value though are those cars, just too bad they still come with 245mm width tires all around on a huge vehicle that weights over 2 tons! My fronts are 255 and my rear are 275mm Michelin Pilot Super Sports (nothing compared to my buddies wide-body Z06 with 335's in the back!!)

I like to toy with some of these dudes on the streets, along with BMW/Benz/Audi guys. Outside of straight-line speed, ATS-V is like a scalpel in the corners and is one of the best-handling sedans of all time.

Dm7B8H2l.jpg

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A slightly better pic to show the Crystal White Tri-coat paint taken the morning after I picked it up, so pre window tints.

464 hp ; 445 lb-ft of torque ; twin-turbo V6 (LF4) ; 0-60 in 3.8 secs ; 12.0-12.4 qtr mile

iY3Tk1lh.jpg

The sickest part is that only a week or so after taking this picture, I walked up to my car and noticed someone had backed into/hit my car while parking...no note of course. :angry:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
I'll take a Yamaha R1 straight off the showroom floor, thank you very much. Better gas mileage, better cornering, better braking and pretty much blow away anything w four wheels on the street. Sure, there is always something faster but at what cost?
Actually, both of the bolded portions are incorrect. Faster yes, but four wheels beat two in braking and cornering. A quick google search will turn up examples. A bunch of physics equations will prove it. Youtube has videos.

demotivated-round-six-9.jpg

-td

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Do you know how many of these things I see around Detroit? Like the most common car around, I swear.

Good value though are those cars, just too bad they still come with 245mm width tires all around on a huge vehicle that weights over 2 tons! My fronts are 255 and my rear are 275mm Michelin Pilot Super Sports (nothing compared to my buddies wide-body Z06 with 335's in the back!!)

I like to toy with some of these dudes on the streets, along with BMW/Benz/Audi guys. Outside of straight-line speed, ATS-V is like a scalpel in the corners and is one of the best-handling sedans of all time.

Dm7B8H2l.jpg

I saw one like this a couple months ago in Toronto.
I have a bit of an art background...but couldn’t figure how to mix that color...
...most times I can....now I got a name for it,,,crystal white...thanx, J

9E5498D7-67B5-4817-9429-1BED32C8BE5A.jpeg

I used this pic because that’s the lighting I saw it under.