Who will be ready to play the same game with Shane now?

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has only lost ONE race to a 100, and that was to Alex, after blowing a 29 game lead, lost 100-91 I believe, but that had everything to do with someone getting up out of her seat and leaving, and Shane having to be reminded several times it was his shot because he was no longer paying attention to the match. You can say what ever you want, but you CAN'T say the name of ANY other player who's beaten Shane in the race of a Champion, to a 100!!!

Earl massacred Shane in a race to 100 on ten footer. TAR 20.....

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He wouldn't like it, I can tell you that. It's one thing to beat a good player a long set like Shane just did. It's another thing to take them on one after another. Playing one top player after another (Taiwan or the Philippines) will wear you out! You might beat one or two but when they keep coming at you one after another, it will be overwhelming. I've seen that movie before.

I can remember long ago when there was some guy who was beating everyone he played. When the top players got wind of this they went after him, in droves! They wore him down to where he couldn't make a ball after awhile. They had completely broken him down.

A good player like Tin Man will understand this I'm sure.

Got a name for this player?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Don't know if this was mentioned but I would like to see Alex Pagulayan play Shane in a long set again.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
The commentators in this match said Shane was up 21 games on Shaw and Shaw came back to tie or take the lead (not sure which they said0. What was the final margin for that one? More or less than this one (+35)?

I watched that one, Phil. It was at Castle Billiards, NJ. Shaw came all the way back, to lose by less than 10 racks.

Eric

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh men I just had an idea while watching a video.
So let's say that Shane is "that" good at "that" specific game and should he and Dennis play tomorrow the outcome would be similar, who would you pick.
Who would you pick as your so to say mosconi team to play Shane? Breaker, Jumper, Kicker, Safer, Racker?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh men I just had an idea while watching a video.
So let's say that Shane is "that" good at "that" specific game and should he and Dennis play tomorrow the outcome would be similar, who would you pick.
Who would you pick as your so to say mosconi team to play Shane? Breaker, Jumper, Kicker, Safer, Racker?

shane isn't top dog just because he won this match. you get names in the first pages. chang, filler, wu, ko, to name some.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shane isn't top dog just because he won this match. you get names in the first pages. chang, filler, wu, ko, to name some.

Correct. SVB isn't top "all-around" dog but, he has a pretty mean bite at Ten ball in certain formats.

IMO, SVB in gear is top dog at his specialty. In gear meaning his break is really working and well,...lol... that's it. His break.

There are a couple youngsters that have great breaks too but, I wonder if they'll keep their strong break the way shane has?

I was excited to see Shane eat a robot and spit out a cop...lol.

I agree with you though.

Every dog has it's day in the sun. It's just that some dogs lay in the sun longer than others.

Jeff

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Earl massacred Shane in a race to 100 on ten footer. TAR 20.....

100-80 on circus table don't make up for Earl getting horse f@#*ed on a 9ft twice, 100-60 I think the first time, can't remember the score of the second....but Shane offered a spot after the last time and Earl said NO!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100-80 on circus table don't make up for Earl getting horse f@#*ed on a 9ft twice, 100-60 I think the first time, can't remember the score of the second....but Shane offered a spot after the last time and Earl said NO!

I always loved Earl but, I have to admit that even when Earl was in his prime I'm not sure he could've conquered SVB at ten ball.

Nine ball....uh, rut-roe to Shane cause Earl was the best nine ball player to ever live. Then again, Buddy Ball wasn't no slouch.

I got to many players that I think was great.

That's the thing, SVB still is great so, I guess he's the big dog for us US of A players, round my parts anyhow.

Jeff

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was simply correcting your statement that Shane has only lost one race to 100. If you want to specify on a nine footer, then fine. It is funny everyone makes excuses for Shane when he loses. Earl put on the greatest display I have ever seen in that match and all anyone can say is circus table or Shane beats him on smaller table.

I think Dennis would rob shane at hard times on sup 4" pockets but it will never happen. Shane will only play on standard diamond so he can use break to biggest advantage. Put him in a match where everyone breaks dry a lot and he doesn't have to win vs anybody in the top 10.

Earl is also 20+ years older than Shane. That gives Shane a huge edge stamina wise in long races.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was simply correcting your statement that Shane has only lost one race to 100. If you want to specify on a nine footer, then fine. It is funny everyone makes excuses for Shane when he loses. Earl put on the greatest display I have ever seen in that match and all anyone can say is circus table or Shane beats him on smaller table.

I think Dennis would rob shane at hard times on sup 4" pockets but it will never happen. Shane will only play on standard diamond so he can use break to biggest advantage. Put him in a match where everyone breaks dry a lot and he doesn't have to win vs anybody in the top 10.

Earl is also 20+ years older than Shane. That gives Shane a huge edge stamina wise in long races.

A lot of what you said is true but, SVB is much more than just a big breaker.

His fundamentals are among the best of the pros. Especially when the heat is on. Shane, like others down through the years, has stood tall in the face of pressure.

Most pros fold under pressure that he wears well.

Jeff

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Don't know if this was mentioned but I would like to see Alex Pagulayan play Shane in a long set again.

Won't happen again after Shane beat him in their last race to a 100. He robbed Alex at the Cue Club afterwards as well, Alex quit broke.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

First of all, that 10' was a converted snooker table, horribly done, no way could you run a ball down the rails and pocket them. Shane is not use to playing on junk imitation pool tables. Shane is also familiar with tight pocket tables, beating Alex 100-80 on the TAR table with 4 1/8th corner pockets done right, and to back that up, Alex had 3 5 pack runs, but Shane ran a 7pk and 2 6 pks.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Correct. SVB isn't top "all-around" dog but, he has a pretty mean bite at Ten ball in certain formats.

IMO, SVB in gear is top dog at his specialty. In gear meaning his break is really working and well,...lol... that's it. His break.

There are a couple youngsters that have great breaks too but, I wonder if they'll keep their strong break the way shane has?

I was excited to see Shane eat a robot and spit out a cop...lol.

I agree with you though.

Every dog has it's day in the sun. It's just that some dogs lay in the sun longer than others.

Jeff

You know, this is the second time, in a row, Shane has beaten Dennis in a long race, right...LOL

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
What did happen to Ten Ahead? That's all we played for big money back in the day. A real big game might be played Fifteen Ahead. When two top players matched up at 9-Ball back then, there were times when Ten Ahead took all night to settle. It was a good test of skill and endurance.

That's what Rodney told me. Ten ahead and fifteen ahead used to be the long race standards among top players matching up. He also said he is the only one who beat Parica in that format.

Interestingly, Shane beat Dennis in the ten ahead on day on and in the 15 ahead on day two and in the 30 ahead on day 3.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, this is the second time, in a row, Shane has beaten Dennis in a long race, right...LOL

I wasn't sure but, I was thinking the same thing right after he gave DO the beatdown of his life the other day.

Man, I felt sorry for DO. DO is a champion player and to see the pressure get him the way it did was not expected in the least.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what Rodney told me. Ten ahead and fifteen ahead used to be the long race standards among top players matching up. He also said he is the only one who beat Parica in that format.

Interestingly, Shane beat Dennis in the ten ahead on day on and in the 15 ahead on day two and in the 30 ahead on day 3.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ good points on the ahead sets.

Jeff

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB v Filler

Wu not going to happen- what I read is he has other ventures, plays only tournaments and not into such long race action matches. As it is now, he doesn't play much and plays few tournaments (only majors or Asian events)
This year we have seen most of the top guys in big long race matches except Filler, Kos.
The one I would like to see happen soon is SVB v Filler
Actually, that is the next big match that Roy say he will put together.

svb filler.JPG

I may be wrong but I think SVB has never played Filler in any big tournaments before- even though they will definitely tangle in the 2 weeks time at MC.
I think Filler is slight favorite in tournaments/MC but SVB will outplay him in long action matches :grin:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Except this BS has already been put to bed by Mike Page, who did a thorough analysis of Shane's performance in rack your own versus neutral racker matches, and his performance didn't change at all.

But don't let that stop you from putting forth "fake news".

Russ can you link to that analysis? I love to have this ammunition in such arguments.

Mike Page and At Large coming with the data.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wu not going to happen- what I read is he has other ventures, plays only tournaments and not into such long race action matches. As it is now, he doesn't play much and plays few tournaments (only majors or Asian events)
This year we have seen most of the top guys in big long race matches except Filler, Kos.
The one I would like to see happen soon is SVB v Filler
Actually, that is the next big match that Roy say he will put together.

View attachment 534277

I may be wrong but I think SVB has never played Filler in any big tournaments before- even though they will definitely tangle in the 2 weeks time at MC.
I think Filler is slight favorite in tournaments/MC but SVB will outplay him in long action matches :grin:

Yes sir. Filler is more of a "team" player than SVB.

SVB has gotten better at team play but, everyone knows SVB is made for 1-on-1.....toe-to-toe....... get-it-on style of pool.

Jeff