? about a break cue selection

ktmrider765

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i currently have an andy gilbert jump.break cue right.now..but my question is...would i be better off getting an ob break shaft for the gilbert or get the new predator bk3?..anyone have any suggestions on either of these 2 choices?..thanks

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's wrong with the Gilbert shaft?

man anyone thinking about getting a production cue instead sticking with a gilbert j/b then they've gone crazy. Andy Gilbert makes hands down the best J/B cue available. other than wanting a different look i can't think of a reason to get something else if you've already got a gilbert

Chuck521

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not knocking your Gilbert by any means, but i used to own one a few years ago and I really liked it, but i will say the BK3 I own now is a way better balanced cue and I'm a lot more accurate with it, and the hit of the BK3 is very nice it transfers the energy to the cue ball extremely well and has a good solid hit to it. I've owned a lot of break cues and the BK3 is definitely one of the best but that is just my opinion.

Swarbt119

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
A simple answer is no. Everyone suffers from a " grass is greener on the other side of the fence" once in a while, but you just need to build more confidence in what you have. I used to break with Predator BK2 and it hit fine, I don't have experience with the BK3. I've switch to a Billiard Warehouse gen 2 jump/break and have explosive breaks. Technique is the most important!