Warning - I'm a Cuetec loser in every way

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
So just as a warning, all my fears came true.

I wanted to try out a Cuetec with Smart Extension, but had no idea which Cuetec Cues took the extension.

But, I got the nerve out and said, "f*ck it" and ordered an R360 Edge from Amazon (selling for Imperial who distributes Cuetec USA) and I ordered an Extension. The R360 Edge is what Shane uses as far as I know, so it seemed like a no-brainer.

Well, apparently, I'm worse than no brain. The R360 Edge cue came in same day as the Smart Extension. No dice. The bumper does not take a Smart Extension.

However, the bumper and its easy weight system (Accuweightorwhatever) does easily unscrew, so I was thinking maybe it's an easy change out to the Smart Extension-style bumper? Did everyone but me know that this was a possibility (the fact that they have R360 Edge cues that don't take the extension)?

Well, consider yourself warned. And maybe a dealer has the answer for me.

Thanks,

Freddie <~~~ brainless is on a higher rung.

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not very helpful info perhaps but I have an older R360, bought shortly after they first came out. I recently bought the butt extension and it screws right in. There is a hole in the cue bumper that a pin on the extension screws into. Its a little wobbly, you can hear it click when you move the extension side to side, but it works.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
The threads are there you just have the wrong bumper... I have one that I told you I never use that I can send to you... I always use the extension now..... Just shoot me your address and I will toss it in the mail.....

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not very helpful info perhaps but I have an older R360, bought shortly after they first came out. I recently bought the butt extension and it screws right in. There is a hole in the cue bumper that a pin on the extension screws into. Its a little wobbly, you can hear it click when you move the extension side to side, but it works.

Yeah, mine has no hole and the rubber bumper has no way it comes out. It seems I need a whole bumper and butt cap assembly. Hopefully, that's what Renfro is sending me.

But, I think this is important information. I sent a note to Imperial (of which Tim Padgett is part, to my surprise) to ask what is what. And for those of you getting Cuetec R360, apparently they all aren't set up for the extension out of the gate.

Freddie <~~~ needs an extension

Attachments

• Bumper No Hole.jpg
    Bumper No Hole.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3,426
Last edited:

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my teammate uses a balance rite extension, goes in between the butt and shaft.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetec

I researched as well and someone finally told me the extensions fit the ones that are about 5 years old. That is why a lot of people stopped carrying the extensions. They dont fit anymore. Hope this is wrong. Id love to have one with the extensions. If anyone has an older model with the threads, id be interested. Good luck with your search.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Man I am getting old..... I had forgotten I had stuck mine on the drill press and made a hole so I could get behind the bumper and push it out... They do glue them in pretty well... Local place stocks the replacements and I am 99% they have both kinds... If not I will fire up the lathe and modify one and have it on its way Friday.... I got ahold of one of the pass thru rubber bumpers but it won't fit in place of solid bumper... LOL I didn't even think about trying it until the thread popped up... SO if they don't have the passthru one it will take me all of 15 minutes and a few drops of glue to have one ready to be on it's way......

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I researched as well and someone finally told me the extensions fit the ones that are about 5 years old. That is why a lot of people stopped carrying the extensions. They dont fit anymore. Hope this is wrong. Id love to have one with the extensions. If anyone has an older model with the threads, id be interested. Good luck with your search.

The thread for the extension is still under this bumper of mine. I pushed laterally until it sheared off. This puppy was superglued in there. The female thread is underneath. The fit is tight for the extension. But, I can at least test hit this the way i want to, but I trashed the bumper snapping it out of there.

I can't wait to see what the replacement bumper screw fit is like.

Freddie <~~~ this ain't no Hoppe

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Which model did you get Freddie?

I think they are decent cues. I started off with a Cue Tec.

The R360 Merry Widow on EBay are a decent price. Pretty sure I will be getting one
for league next year.

Doesn't make sense any longer to be hauling $900 cues to the bar for league.

Is there a possibility to buy an extra shaft for these as well?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Which model did you get Freddie?

I think they are decent cues. I started off with a Cue Tec.

The R360 Merry Widow on EBay are a decent price. Pretty sure I will be getting one
for league next year.

Doesn't make sense any longer to be hauling $900 cues to the bar for league.

Is there a possibility to buy an extra shaft for these as well?

R360 Edge in Chestnut ( Model 13 - 691 - Amazon).

I believe you can just buy the R360 shaft and it fit all the R360 models, but see my first post. I'm probably wrong again.

Freddie <~~~ and again and again

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am disappointed in you, Fred.

A man with as many pool hours as you should be able to not lose his cue(tec).

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Man I am getting old..... I had forgotten I had stuck mine on the drill press and made a hole so I could get behind the bumper and push it out... They do glue them in pretty well... Local place stocks the replacements and I am 99% they have both kinds... If not I will fire up the lathe and modify one and have it on its way Friday.... I got ahold of one of the pass thru rubber bumpers but it won't fit in place of solid bumper... LOL I didn't even think about trying it until the thread popped up... SO if they don't have the passthru one it will take me all of 15 minutes and a few drops of glue to have one ready to be on it's way......

LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh and conversation on this, bud. It felt like I was at a pool hall talking to you. I might have to visit one of them halls again sometime.

Freddie <~~~ pool is cool

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am disappointed in you, Fred.

A man with as many pool hours as you should be able to not lose his cue(tec).

And yeah, while screwing around with the bumper fiasco, I just spent half an hour looking for it under the couch and all over the place. Apparently, I forgot that I screwed it back on that damned Cuetec.

I need a drink.

Fred <~~~ loser in every way

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can take the bumper off a Thunderbolt or one like it and change them, and the extension will fit. It is sorta round, whereas the one you have is flat.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetec

Next problem...I bought the cue and the extension. I took out the rubber bumper and made room for the extension. But, the threads are way off. The bumper does not fit flush. Ive checked the extension on the shaft and it is straight so it must be the threads inside the butt plate.

Is there anywhere I can buy another silver buttplate for the R360?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Smoke

Old School
I have a one attached to the extension, so I just unscrew the stock one and screw this one on.
I sold the cue, if anyone is interested in it let me know. $Sold.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Just found this thread again. Thanks Freddy. Anyone have an idea or know if one can get a smaller diameter shaft.

I started off with a smaller shaft, went with a 13mm for a bit and have been using somewhere around a 12mm and up a bit depending on what cue I'm using.

12mm is what I prefer most these days.

Altho I do have the technology to make mine smaller, it would still be nice to be able to purchase the diameter shaft that I prefer without messing about too much.

I started off with a very cheap Dufferin as my first cue. House got broken into and I lost it.

Found an Earl Strickland model at a pawn shop and used that for many moons until I accidentally found AZB and custom cues.

So all of my store bought ones found new homes and I broke the bank account for a few years.

Now, with no longer a pool hall in our city, as I had mentioned, not much sense in taking one of my Schons or a custom to the bar for league, when a decent 360 will more than do the trick for any league evening.

I will be looking into the same one that Freddy got and look forward to giving it a try out in the very near future.