Was it slop, or was it intentional?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You be the judge --> HERE.

I'll post back later with the answer. :)

FWIW, between the tournament monies and the calcutta, there was 21 large on the line.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

FWIW, between the tournament monies and the calcutta, there was 21 large on the line.

I started to watch it at lunch but had to leave for home before Keith actually shot it :D

I would say at the speed he shot it, he was playing a safe trying to stop near the rail. Actually after watching it again, unless he hit the angles off, he was trying to make it and play the safe if he missed.
If he was playing a safe he would have tried to leave it further away from the cueball. So I say 75% shot 25% built in safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

where he put the white ball was not luck two way shot for sure

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little background, Buddy and Kim commentating.

Keith had come to the tournament from Dallas and was broke dog. Buddy put Keith in the tournament, but there were stipulations. More to come later. :D

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I think he was playing safe, but his reaction showed he knew as soon as he hit it it was going in the side.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
KIM: If he spins it, he can't hold no rug nowhere.

I love the jargon back then. :grin-square:

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
I'd say two way shot for sure. I love watching Keith play. He was always great fun!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two way shot, if it doesn't go he leaves the opponent safe. If it goes he should run out.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a little of both.

Maybe wrong...but I thing he is looking to play it off the 9 in the corner, or hang it there.

He looks at getting behind the ball near the bottom rail, but would have to hit it shallow angle with inside, or stun and let the bank go wide, to hold it, and likely miss the 9. If it goes, he doesn't have a shot on the 5. (not a good shot) from low on the rail

Then he looks at it from lower corner to top corner, for the 6? to provide cover if it hangs, and if it goes, he can shoot the 5. Hitting it with spin to get the cb where he wanted, the ob banked wide and headed toward the side off the 3rd rail...the speed was good...so the best of both worlds...

..he hit it bad enough to be real good...the key part was a good cb and a good choice between two way shot selection options. If the ob had caromed off the 9 and hung up, the cb was hooked behind the 6?

No doubt, Morro had some 'aiyaiyai's to say' at that moment as he stood and watched the ball creep into the side...

...Keith got a roll, but, it came from a good shot choice, and cb execution.

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I mean, he knows it could go and probably going to be close but I would guess his intention was to play safe and assume it's not going in.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Two way shot. Why would anyone just try to make such a low % shot there. You play 2-way or solid safe there. Johnnyt