Mr 600

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
his wife posted this on july 6:

"We will find a way to let people see it... ASAP.
First it needs to get all its accreditation’s in order.
(First things first).
We are waiting on the media ‘write up’ from source one, which needs to go into the hands of source 2. From there it will be part of media history.
After those hurdles are done, it is up to the powers that be to promote it in a proper fashion (so that John is respected and rewarded).
Patience is needed until we can format it’s future.
After all... pool people have waited 65 years for this... what’s a few months of careful preservation in comparison to that 😊"

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
People waited 65 years for this run, they can wait a little longer. How could anyone really believe this? What a joke!

The moment has passed and the buzz is long gone after nine weeks. Only the 14.1 diehards will have any interest in seeing this run now, and my guess is that even they are growing weary of waiting and that their interest is waning.

Shame for John, for he deserved better on the occasion of this historic achievement, but it's old news now.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wheres the dvd of his run ,should be out by now...………….

The operating word here is should. This is the American pocket billiard world, expect nothing, and you'll find yourself less disappointed. A jaded outlook for sure, but its the only one that makes sense when dealing with this industry.

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m still just as excited to see the video as I was the day he made the run. I will purchase the DVD as soon as I hear it’s available for purchase.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People waited 65 years for this run, they can wait a little longer. How could anyone really believe this? What a joke!

The moment has passed and the buzz is long gone after nine weeks. Only the 14.1 diehards will have any interest in seeing this run now, and my guess is that even they are growing weary of waiting and that their interest is waning.

Shame for John, for he deserved better on the occasion of this historic achievement, but it's old news now.

Its just my opinion, but I think the mistake is trying to make money off of the video footage itself. There will be a very limited number of people willing to pay to watch it to begin with.

The money to be made from the achievement is in self promotion, clinics, etc. 'Come let Mr 626 show you how to increase your run' kind of thing.

Holding out for monetary reasons is only shooting himself in the foot, and as you mentioned decreasing the number of people willing to pay for a dvd or stream.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is not rocket science. You make a DVD, you protect its contents and you encrypt it so it can't be copied. If you do all these things only the Chinese will knock it off. But at least you can still sell copies to the rest of the world.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wheres the dvd of his run ,should be out by now...………….

IMO, if its to late for John, well, Mosconi was a has been 60+ years ago.

We all know Willie was no has been just weeks, months, years....hell....even DECADES after his 526 run.....so:

I'm pretty sure John has plenty of time.

Sure, the sooner, the better but, 65 years is a hell of a lot longer than a year or so.

Come on folks, is everyone here a "gotta have it now" type?

I'm willing to wait. I have a feeling we wont be disappointed.

Just pretend the 526 still stands and then watch the vid when it does come out.

<<<<<<<< don't understand all the complaints.

ricardo

Registered
I can't wait to buy and see the DVD. I'm a little bias since he broke the record on my favorite table at EZ Street Billiards. Been playing there since mid 90's.

Also, I was just there last week and talking to my buddy who was there the day he broke the record and I CANNOT wait to see in video how exactly he broke Mosconi's record. The story my buddy told me, if it's true, should make it worth it for anyone buying the DVD.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its just my opinion, but I think the mistake is trying to make money off of the video footage itself. There will be a very limited number of people willing to pay to watch it to begin with.

The money to be made from the achievement is in self promotion, clinics, etc. 'Come let Mr 626 show you how to increase your run' kind of thing.

Holding out for monetary reasons is only shooting himself in the foot, and as you mentioned decreasing the number of people willing to pay for a dvd or stream.

^What he said..

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

well said sjm ,
very sad but true .
keep in stroke everybody

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
This is not rocket science. You make a DVD, you protect its contents and you encrypt it so it can't be copied. If you do all these things only the Chinese will knock it off. But at least you can still sell copies to the rest of the world.

there are several very cheap screen recording software`s available that can record the dvd from a pc, that you can make a dvd from the file

or just copy the file itself and watch from a usb, most dvd players now have usb connections
so protection from it being copied is not much he can do about it

Last edited: