3 Cushion Billiard 75 Systems - Dimitris Manouras

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm,, I've had trouble getting through Tuzul's book..... not sure if this one any easier.
I have the opportunity t play and learn from G. Ashby every week. I might get info overload.
But still pondering the purchase.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i bought via paypal
lets see how long it takes to get it
will review after i have time to digest it some

eze123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://issuu.com/75systems/docs/sample

Good lord, this looks like a Unabomber-esque manifesto. Why is every other word a different color? Why is every letter in "English" a different color? How is anybody going to follow this? I've seen electrical wiring diagrams that were simpler than this.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Why is every other word a different color? Why is every letter in "English" a different color? ...
Technically, that's not true. He only uses five colors in "English". Red, black, green, yellow, blue. The "s" and "h" repeat the use of black:

CropperCapture[435].png

He does it because he doesn't know any better. I'm reminded of when text processing programs first gave people access to lots of type families and faces. Suddenly we were seeing documents that looked like ransom notes with letters cut from ten magazines.

This problem is more or less independent of the value of the content. It just makes the content harder (for some) to access.

Last edited:

eze123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even aside from that, the book could have used an editor. It's hard to follow what he's saying, and this is only a few pages. So wait, there are two books? He keeps referring to a "drawings" book, as well?
Constantly referring to other systems in the book and the drawings book, every system seems to be a five step process, minimum, where you consider the points on 4 rails, plus the angle of the first two balls, good god, I hope there's not a shot clock when you're using these. I don't see how this is practical for 99.9% of players.

Imagine doing all these calculations and then you get a kiss on the shot after all that? I'd jump out the window.

I posted this on another thread, this is the best systems book I've ever found

https://issuu.com/serralta/docs/sistemas

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i bought via paypal
lets see how long it takes to get it
will review after i have time to digest it some

i just started to read it
it is a difficult/confusing read so far
will update after alittle more time trying to figure it out