Topper Dymondwood Cue

Beebop21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not an expensive cue, but one I really like regardless, and just thought I would post pics as it had been awhile since I have seen another, and curious if anyone has more information on the maker of perspective on them.

I have seen a handful of these, but I think all pretty old posts. As far as I have read seems to be some southern California maker, someone who worked with and was influenced by Bob Renis. Renis as far as I have read wanted a pool cue with some of the characteristics of a snooker cue.

I think these were made in the early 2000's. I bought this because I thought it would make a great break cue and was unique, and it does break well. When I first got it I was amazed at how well it actually played, running my first rack with it, which doesn't happen real often for me anymore.......very weight forward, which seemed to be all the rage back in that time as defining a well playing cue.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has one of these or experience with them to share, or has any information to add (or correct from above I guess), on who made them.
2a97ad3ee62b6935386824db63b4032c.jpg
b6bef066b1f8ebdc0da293abfa64a026.jpg
cf100e8bd3f436fc8a023002420c2841.jpg
0081d14fea48fa2b61b576fc19aea3f1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know zip about these but, it looks pretty cool. Thanks for showing this cue.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy has one exactly like yours!
Same colors. I always tripped out on the funky butt taper. They actually do play well if you like a very stiff hit.
Which I do.
He's a cue dealer/repair that used to work allot of the circuit. Now he just does SBE.
I'll ask him if he knows any background on them.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Couple of old guy in my community play with similar Cue, have been doing so 15+ years. Not sure who made em, how much they cost, but the are very beautiful in person.

Know they are Desert Iornwood as that wood is very very dense & heavy.

Found some info on Topper Cues via Google search:

If any one is interested.

Topper was a cue company out of southern California, and they made these pool cues out of Dymnondwood® (a resin-infused wood).

I have seen Topper Cues in better shape than this one selling for between $150 and $300. Today, even that is steep.

Some higher-end ones popped up on eBay recently... trying to get $350 but it didn't sell. It's now down to $330, and I'll bet it won't sell for that either.

Last edited: