Carbon fiber blanks

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 Carbon fiber tube blanks 12.5 mm pro taper, 29" length, filled with foam, straight and durable finish (3) for $250 shipped. Sold waiting for payment.

Mario

Attachments

• IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
3 Carbon fiber tube blanks 12.5 pro taper, filled with foam, straight and durable finish (3) for $250 shipped.

Mario

What do they weigh with the foam in them? I had to add some phenolic rod to the center mine for the weight to be right. My blanks came from China.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do they weigh with the foam in them? I had to add some phenolic rod to the center mine for the weight to be right. My blanks came from China.

Adding weight in the middle sort of defeats the purpose. These will finish out at 3.7 oz easily
at a .840 or plus joint.

Mario

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
3 Carbon fiber tube blanks 12.5 mm pro taper, 29" length, filled with foam, straight and durable finish (3) for $250 shipped.

Mario

What is the concentricity at the tip end?

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
J2,
I had a chance to put one of the CF blanks in my lathe today. My lathe jaws aren't perfect, so I turned the the blank 2 or 3 times and re-tightened the jaws.
I measured a total indicator runout (TIR) at .002" - .0025".
I measured the tips on all three and they were a consistent 12.47mm.
The joints all measured around 8.47".
So I'm happy.
FYI

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
J2,
I had a chance to put one of the CF blanks in my lathe today. My lathe jaws aren't perfect, so I turned the the blank 2 or 3 times and re-tightened the jaws.
I measured a total indicator runout (TIR) at .002" - .0025".
I measured the tips on all three and they were a consistent 12.47mm.
The joints all measured around 8.47".
So I'm happy.
FYI

Thank you GB. I bought a CF shaft blank from a secondary source, sent it to my guy, and it was "out" .007, which was unsatisfactory to my Cue-Maker. Just wondering about these. I appreciate the information. Thanks again. :)