Pleasantly surprised

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
I got to play on a ten foot heated Olhausen that is not that old and is well maintained. I did not really give it a good 3c test, but I got to do everything I wanted to do straight rail wise. The Billiard hall is a Vietnamese place in Richardson a suburb of Dallas Texas. This is the second time I played on a ten foot Olhausen carom table.

My first experience was in a pool hall in Orange County in Southern California about 15 years ago called "LinBrook" Billiards off of Brookhurst. The table was not maintained and I had a bad view on Olhausen Carom tables from that experience. My Viewpoint has changed today from playing on the heated Olhausen table.

Now some of you may ask if playing on the Olhausen felt comparable to playing on a Verhoeven? The short answer is no, but the experience was not that bad (quite pleasant). The Olhausen rail were not the same as the European profile,and I think the slate I am guessing is half as thick. For the shots I was playing the balls seemed to come off the rail correctly ( Straight rail Gather shots). I played few three cushion shots and I did not get to test any 5 rail shots.

I had the impression that carom tables made in the USA were poop, but Olhausen has changed my mind.

I