Felt

Cueball13

Registered
What felt is everyone using? I don’t want to spend the $250 for the Simonis. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northshoremb

Registered
I just ordered Mercury Ultra Unbacked since that's what all VNEA,APA and others will be using in Vegas Amateur Competitions. Why not use what they use
c4fbf3bd66ae296fab3c188d8fdea0f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Cueball13

Registered
Is this a woolen or a worsted cloth? I was told to used worsted cloth but they’re a lot of good reviews on the woolen cloth. Anyone notice a big difference?

Last edited:

northshoremb

Registered
Is the a woolen or a worsted cloth? I was told to used worsted cloth but they’re a lot of good reviews on the woolen cloth. Anyone notice a big difference?

Worsted so no fuzz and smooth true face finish for Mercury Ultra

Cueball13

Registered
It shows the Mercury as a Hybrid woolen. Is that like a worsted cloth? Sorry for all the questions lol

northshoremb

Registered
It shows the Mercury as a Hybrid woolen. Is that like a worsted cloth? Sorry for all the questions lol

Yes plays just like a worsted cloth and wont tell the difference at a fraction of the price. If it's good enough for the Championships in vegas Amateur series it's good enough for everyone

Cueball13

Registered
Yes plays just like a worsted cloth and wont tell the difference at a fraction of the price. If it's good enough for the Championships in vegas Amateur series it's good enough for everyone

Sweet! Thanks for answering all my questions!

northshoremb

Registered
Championship Blue Mercury Ultra pool and billiard table cloth is a 19-ounce weight, woolen-hybrid fabric that is finished to look and play like the much more expensive worsted cloths creating the fastest playing woolen available today. This is why it is preferred by national leagues as their cloth of choice such as APA, VNEA and BCA. If you would like to play on what the league championships are played on, this is the cloth. It has the aesthetic characteristics of worsted paired with the durability of woolen. This unique cloth is designed for players who want the speed of worsted but don't want to pay the higher prices associated with worsted fabrics. Great play-ability at a fraction of the price!

Cueball13

Registered
Okay! I’m a huge fan of the blue color cloths! I really like the electric blue but the championship blue is also nice. Most of the league tables I play on around here are green with the occasional two that are black.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MU is a woolen that has been finished to be more like worsted. Its a little "fuzzier" than a true worsted but not much. Plays quite well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Championship Blue Mercury Ultra pool and billiard table cloth is a 19-ounce weight, woolen-hybrid fabric that is finished to look and play like the much more expensive worsted cloths creating the fastest playing woolen available today. This is why it is preferred by national leagues as their cloth of choice such as APA, VNEA and BCA. If you would like to play on what the league championships are played on, this is the cloth. It has the aesthetic characteristics of worsted paired with the durability of woolen. This unique cloth is designed for players who want the speed of worsted but don't want to pay the higher prices associated with worsted fabrics. Great play-ability at a fraction of the price!

BCA/CSI National's use 860 Simonis iirc.

Cueball13

Registered
MU is a woolen that has been finished to be more like worsted. Its a little "fuzzier" than a true worsted but not much. Plays quite well.

Is the MU worth the money vs a eBay worsted cloth? Will I notice a big difference?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the MU worth the money vs a eBay worsted cloth? Will I notice a big difference?

If it was my table i'd go for the worsted. That type of cloth is seen about everywhere these days. I've heard good reports on the CPBA cloth.

Cueball13

Registered
Excuse my lack on knowledge but what’s CPBA cloth? Have you had any experience with any worsted from EBay or game room creations?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excuse my lack on knowledge but what’s CPBA cloth? Have you had any experience with any worsted from EBay or game room creations?

Its a brand of cloth made in China. Very high quality from what i hear. Its a worsted like Simonis, ANDY. Price is very reasonable and reports i've heard its quite long lasting. Is this going on a home table? If so any good worsted will last a LONG time. Message trentfromtoledo on here. Think he's used it some already and is setting up a dist. for the brand.

Last edited:

Cueball13

Registered
Yeah it going to be on my personal table. I just want to make sure that I have a good cloth.