Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Lying Laurie Franklin of SW cues
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
jack 195
Banned
jack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-24-2017, 02:24 AM

Does the Southwest cue company make sneaky pete cues? I'd be interested in that spot if they do.

Old
  (#32)
runscott
AzB Silver Member
runscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2017, 06:19 PM

I think it's just frustrating for people who really want a cue from a particular maker, and demand and wait lists make it almost impossible.

I'm so old at this point that there are many cuemakers who would be shipping to a dead man by the time my name came up.

No problems with Laurie over here....
Old
  (#33)
DanRozz
AzB Bronze Member
DanRozz is on a distinguished road

Question No problems with Laurie over here.... - 02-06-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justabrake View Post
Ive been on her list for over 12 years and she confirmed this last year by my SS# over emails and phone calls we had and said my spot is coming up soon and I asked her if I could pay in advance and she said no well call you Never heard back from her it was a 5-7 year wait back then when I added my my name to that list what I lying POS
If you have some specific bone to pick - you could be more specific about exactly what happened, and/or maybe try to settle it with her. Your post is a bit unclear/vague.

I was on that waitlist 13 years before I got the cue. Didn't pay a dime up front. Again- not sure what your issue was/is. But... Most people here aren't going to help you vent about an issue with Laurie.

I have to chime in, at the risk of getting pilloried for an unsolicited message...
My experience, and from what I read most people here, with Laurie is that she's a real stand-up person. Personally, I got on the waitlist in 2005, got an email from Laurie last year, ordered/designed a cue with her, and got it about a month ago. No problems, no issues. Just a professional interaction with a veteran cue artisan.

Old
  (#34)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2018, 04:48 AM

I can't understand this SW thing. My Rick Howard was built by Rick. When I ordered my Josey, I wanted Keith to build it, not Sherrie. Nothing against Sherrie, it was her I communicated most with.
Same with Gilbert J/B, I wanted Andy hands on. My McDermott I didn't care, I bought it knowing it was built by employees, and I didn't care who built my Schmelke.
If I was the least bit interested in a SW, I would want Jerry-built, not Laurie or another employee, regardless of how long they've been there, especially for that amount of money!

Last edited by Johnny Rosato; 02-07-2018 at 04:51 AM. Reason: sp

Old
  (#35)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I agree. Bryan Mordt quit taking orders and is doing fine. When he gets a few done, he sends out emails and FB msg's. A LOT less aggravation to put with. Work at your own pace and sell 'em when they're done.
Just pointing out the obvious - B Mordt' s name shouldn't be used on the same page as Southwest, no comparison now or ever.

Nice guy but you are comparing Apple's and raisins.
Jason

Old
  (#36)
justabrake
AzB Silver Member
justabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Just pointing out the obvious - B Mordt' s name shouldn't be used on the same page as Southwest, no comparison now or ever.

Nice guy but you are comparing Apple's and raisins.
Jason
I've owned both a Brian Mordt and SW the woods they use makes the difference

And I stand by what I said she's putting others ahead of people that ordered years ago I just read a post on here where she let someone jump the line it's not fare ...................

And not just one stick but 2 every year

Last edited by justabrake; 03-12-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Old
  (#37)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:

And I stand by what I said she's putting others ahead of people that ordered years ago I just read a post on here where she let someone jump the line it's not fare ...................

I agree with that shouldn't happen, try selling you Mordt for 4 or $5,000 though
Jason

Old
  (#38)
raven5000
AzB Bronze Member
raven5000 is on a distinguished road

04-08-2018, 08:20 PM

Southwest cues play like crap anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#39)
RascalDoc
RascalDoc
RascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond reputeRascalDoc has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to RascalDoc Send a message via MSN to RascalDoc Send a message via Yahoo to RascalDoc  
04-23-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runscott View Post
I think it's just frustrating for people who really want a cue from a particular maker, and demand and wait lists make it almost impossible.

I'm so old at this point that there are many cuemakers who would be shipping to a dead man by the time my name came up.
I know what you mean. My SW spot was 13 years before it came up. And when it did come up, she called, took the order, and cue was delivered as promised on time. 6 months after the order.

The cue I'm really waiting on, from SoFl, I expect I'll get in an old folks home MAYBE, and the cuemaker could be in the next room. :-P
If you haven't shot yourself in the foot with this post, your name should come up soon, and you'll get a call, as promised. I wouldn't call you but Laurie might.

Doc W.
--------------
Struggles, losses, hardships, will happen. Misery, is a choice

Anonymous : "When you are up to your @$$ in alligators it's hard to remember your original intent was to drain the swamp"

Old
  (#40)
Duane Remick
AzB Silver Member
Duane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-23-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalDoc View Post
I know what you mean. My SW spot was 13 years before it came up. And when it did come up, she called, took the order, and cue was delivered as promised on time. 6 months after the order.

The cue I'm really waiting on, from SoFl, I expect I'll get in an old folks home MAYBE, and the cuemaker could be in the next room. :-P
If you haven't shot yourself in the foot with this post, your name should come up soon, and you'll get a call, as promised. I wouldn't call you but Laurie might.
My order was pushed back....
BUT Laurie let me know what was up-
" When my turn came-
we designed the cue,
I sent deposit....
Approx 6 months and my cue arrived-
MY SW is in my AVATAR"
My only complaint-I really wanted Ebony nose
Still a great cue-
SUPERBLY CRAFTED-Excellent shafts as well"

Duane Remick

Old
  (#41)
cubswin
Just call me Joe...
cubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond repute

04-24-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Why? If the order was in for 2 every year before the waiting list, why would it matter? And in this case the order was made long before you even considered ordering one.

If you don't like the wait, I'm sure they would take your name off the list with a simple phone call.

""It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie

Old
  (#42)
justabrake
AzB Silver Member
justabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond repute

04-24-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
Why? If the order was in for 2 every year before the waiting list, why would it matter? And in this case the order was made long before you even considered ordering one.

If you don't like the wait, I'm sure they would take your name off the list with a simple phone call.

Last edited by justabrake; 04-24-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Old
  (#43)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

05-04-2018, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Remick View Post
My order was pushed back....
BUT Laurie let me know what was up-
" When my turn came-
we designed the cue,
I sent deposit....
Approx 6 months and my cue arrived-
MY SW is in my AVATAR"
My only complaint-I really wanted Ebony nose
Still a great cue-
SUPERBLY CRAFTED-Excellent shafts as well"
If you went over the design, why isn't it Ebony nosed?
Jason

Old
  (#44)
Chuck Fields
Trouble in RiverCity
Chuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2018, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
If you went over the design, why isn't it Ebony nosed?
Jason
There was something on the forum some years back about the CITES laws changing for some exotic woods (ebony being one of the main ones), and Southwest choosing to not use it anymore after their supply was gone IIRC.

Old
  (#45)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

05-04-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fields View Post
There was something on the forum some years back about the CITES laws changing for some exotic woods (ebony being one of the main ones), and Southwest choosing to not use it anymore after their supply was gone IIRC.
I remember that. That's brutal to wait all those years and not get what you wanted.
Jason

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: