Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page scruggs or mc-daniels ?????
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-15-2014, 12:52 PM

Well what I know is from talking to Tim directly. I have also visited his shop weekly for 20 years, and did his website from 1996-2001

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#17)
spktur
AzB Silver Member
spktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond reputespktur has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2014, 02:35 PM

And like I stated, what I know is what I saw in Bill's shop and was told by Bill and a little I heard Tim say. And like I said the 96 cue pictured was one of 6 under construction in Jackson, in Bill's shop when I picked it. The others had the same inlay pattern but different veneers and wraps.

Old
  (#18)
rennerb6
Banned
rennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond reputerennerb6 has a reputation beyond repute

11-24-2014, 05:36 PM

Absolutely a beautiful cue. Pretty doesn't equate to the hit. I've 'used' Scruggs cues, ... I'm impressed! Wish I'd played with the other cue.! DDAAAMMNN, that's a beautiful cue... Nicer looking than one of my Szam's, not hit!

Old
  (#19)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

11-24-2014, 06:00 PM

I bought a Scruggs cue from a guy in Memphis years ago and he was explaining to me that Mcdaniels did inlay and finish some of Scruggs cues. He said the way to identify them was the logo. At the time, the 90's, Scruggs pantographed his logo and it was rough under a loupe while the ones Mcdaniels did were smooth under magnification, cut by CNC. He produced a beautiful Ivory and malacite cue as proof. Sure enough the logo was smooth and mine was rough. Take it for what it is worth. My experience.

Old
  (#20)
islandboy
AzB Silver Member
islandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 05:12 AM

You can't go wrong with either. Though, I prefer the hit of a McDaniel.

It varies...
Old
  (#21)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

It varies... - 03-19-2018, 10:23 AM

My main player is a plain four point Scruggs... so I'm a little biased...
A friend has a McDaniels four point with a little inlay on it.. we came to
the conclusion that they were real close, so IMO it's 50/50. And something
to keep in mind is sample-to-sample variation. Just partial to Scruggs as I met
the man... great guy.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: