Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page My custom Capone cue! :(
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
dom_poppa
Banned
dom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-30-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
Bravissimo!

Reassuring to see a stand-up guy performance that seems to me to be totally spontaneous, sincere and well-intended. It's sadly true this type of laudable behavior has become increasingly rare nowadays, especially in light of the recent bad press some other cue-makers have caused on some of the different AZ Fourms.

If I was looking for a cue right now, I'd purchase a cue from this paison just because of his gracious approach towards customer service and interest in making his customers pleased with owning one of his cues. But I'm having my 3rd rotator cuff surgery on Tuesday and so pooling play is on hold until next year and this applies to any more cue purchases as well.

But the good news is I have a custom cue on order and I'm hoping the build might start this year so I have something to get excited about while I'm during this horrible rehab therapy...........been there and done that twice already and it's like some mid-evil torture chamber experience.

Back to Mr. Capone.........when was the last time you witnessed something like that on AZ......no questions posed on his part whatsoever........no chit chat......friggin' succinct and straight to the point. Again............Cudos to Mr. Capone.
All these good things said about Capone from you but please read the post before yours.

Old
  (#17)
DirtyHarry
AzB Bronze Member
DirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2013, 09:38 AM

Still trying to reach Mr. Capone for a while now.....no luck.

Mr. Capone...I know you are very busy making your holy cues. If you happen to read this, PLEASE get back to me when you can. I left you both several emails and voice mails. I really appreciate you repairing the cue for me, but I'm beginning to grow a little concerned, I do hope you understand.

Again, my email is hangelikas@yahoo.com. My phone number is on your voice mail and in my email messages I sent you. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Harry

Old
  (#18)
infest
Banger
infest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-13-2013, 04:00 PM

So he gets on here gives his contact information but doesn't answer your calls?

Old
  (#19)
DirtyHarry
AzB Bronze Member
DirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyHarry has a reputation beyond repute

10-14-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infest View Post
So he gets on here gives his contact information but doesn't answer your calls?
That's correct. He doesn't answer both my calls or email messages....and I sent him back the cue before the summer. I'm worried and concerned, not sure what my next step should be. If anyone knows him rather well and keeps in touch with him, please ask him to address this situation. Thanks fellas.

Harry

Update
Old
  (#20)
DirtyHarry
AzB Bronze Member

Update - 10-15-2013, 09:08 PM

UPDATE:

I finally managed to reach him on his phone....he was on vacation. Long story short, he was able to find a large enough piece of good looking snake wood, it took some time but he has it now. I was told to expect it around Thanksgiving. He was very kind and apologized for the delay. He mentioned something along the lines of finding a different way to use the snake wood as a full sleeve so that it won't crack.

All in all, I should have the cue back in a few weeks....and I'm still a die hard fan of his masterpieces. I can't wait to get her back!

Harry

Old
  (#21)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
UPDATE:

I finally managed to reach him on his phone....he was on vacation. Long story short, he was able to find a large enough piece of good looking snake wood, it took some time but he has it now. I was told to expect it around Thanksgiving. He was very kind and apologized for the delay. He mentioned something along the lines of finding a different way to use the snake wood as a full sleeve so that it won't crack.

All in all, I should have the cue back in a few weeks....and I'm still a die hard fan of his masterpieces. I can't wait to get her back!

Harry

Thank you for keeping us posted. I know you got tons of red rep for this posting, but I think enthusiasts need to stick together against the market at all times.

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod has engaged in tomfoolery!

Old
  (#22)
DirtyHarry
AzB Bronze Member

10-22-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
Thank you for keeping us posted. I know you got tons of red rep for this posting, but I think enthusiasts need to stick together against the market at all times.
I couldn't agree more. I was running out of options as to what to do. I was hoping this thread would get his attention, and it did. I know he's a super busy man, but I was concerned after not getting any feedback after 6 months on a $3K cue. I'm just glad it's being taken care of and I can't wait to see the work he did on the cue. Thanksgiving is going to be more like Xmas for me.

Harry

Old
  (#23)
YubaCushion
AzB Silver Member
YubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond reputeYubaCushion has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2013, 09:14 PM

You don't get a gold star for doing what you should do. You get one for doing what you shouldn't have to do. Having to go through the long and painful 5 minuets registering to get a hold of someone who spent 3000$ on one of your cues to fix it is not above and beyond. No gold star for that. Then If I read this right it was like 5 months before he heard something back? That's bullshit. He couldn't spend another grueling 5 minuets writing an email that said (Got the cue.) or change his answering message to (On vacation, call back in three months.) I've talked to 70 year old big time cue makers that can answer a phone. 70 years old! Moreover, Searing and Szamboti were kind enough to write an email back answering my question. And I didn't have an order placed. I'll get back to you when I feel like it That's not right. If you were waiting on a cue to be made then it's shut up and wait. But a return for repair, you get a heads up. Especially since you shouldn't have to send it back in the first place.
Sorry, that just really pisses me off.

Old
  (#24)
islandboy
AzB Silver Member
islandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond reputeislandboy has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 01:15 AM

I'm glad he took care of you. Never would return my calls, had to go through Roy Mallott at Indyqs.

Even so, Mike does make a great playing cue.

Old
  (#25)
DirtyHarry
AzB Bronze Member

02-21-2018, 07:45 PM

4 some odd years later and have taken the cue around the world with me. Snake wood has held up just fine. I still have her in pristine condition and struggle using anything different.

Roy did reach out to me a long while back to see if the matter was resolved. Roy is a blessing to work with. Cheers!

Harry

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: