CPBA Worsted Cloth, Cheaper alternative to simonis
Old
  (#1)
Bryce1552
AzB Bronze Member
Bryce1552 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

CPBA Worsted Cloth, Cheaper alternative to simonis - 05-01-2019, 05:55 AM

Just a tip I recently purchased an oversized 8 AE Schmidt pool table and finished my basement to accommodate it and after the remodel I was left kind of on a budget but the original felt was really worn out ( I purchased the table used ) so I checked amazon and found this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0_E_Asin_Title

I took a chance and ordered it after seeing it was apparently used in the china 9 ball open I figured if its good enough for them its good enough for a complete novice, my local pool hall/bar with diamond tables has 860 on it and this seems to play a bit faster but its certainly new and after taking care to trim a few strings it installed easily and stretched fairly similar to simonis according to my installer with a little bit more give.

I've only had the chance to bang around a few dozen balls on it but initial impressions are good and the tournament blue color really is great. I understand simonis is the world class standard but if you're looking for cloth with no nap that plays fast this is a great alternative at less than half the price!

Might be worth a shot next time you recover your table it certainly feels and plays a lot better than the championship cloth my installer was trying to pitch me for same price

word of advice I'd make sure you tell them you dont want there logo on your rails or they'll print it across the rail strips.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-02-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce1552 View Post
Just a tip I recently purchased an oversized 8 AE Schmidt pool table and finished my basement to accommodate it and after the remodel I was left kind of on a budget but the original felt was really worn out ( I purchased the table used ) so I checked amazon and found this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0_E_Asin_Title

I took a chance and ordered it after seeing it was apparently used in the china 9 ball open I figured if its good enough for them its good enough for a complete novice, my local pool hall/bar with diamond tables has 860 on it and this seems to play a bit faster but its certainly new and after taking care to trim a few strings it installed easily and stretched fairly similar to simonis according to my installer with a little bit more give.

I've only had the chance to bang around a few dozen balls on it but initial impressions are good and the tournament blue color really is great. I understand simonis is the world class standard but if you're looking for cloth with no nap that plays fast this is a great alternative at less than half the price!

Might be worth a shot next time you recover your table it certainly feels and plays a lot better than the championship cloth my installer was trying to pitch me for same price

word of advice I'd make sure you tell them you dont want there logo on your rails or they'll print it across the rail strips.
Any long-term reviews out there? Curious as to how it holds up to commercial-level play volume. In a house it probably last a long time i'm sure.

Old
  (#3)
oldschool1478
AzB Silver Member
oldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond repute

05-03-2019, 06:55 AM

I installed this cloth in Tournament Blue 1/10/2019, so not long term.

I followed the stretching instructions RKC recommends for Simonis 860HR.

This was my third recover. The first was Simonis 860, the second was Simonis 760, and I feel this is about the same speed as 860HR.
Faster than the 860, and a hair slower than the 760.

The 760 burn marks were like chicken pox. The CPBA marks are hardly visible.

I am so far very impressed with this cloth, and would not hesitate to recommend it to any serious player.
At about half the price of Simonis, you can't beat it for value.

Do you understand what you know?

I often appropriate what I deem appropriate.

Old
  (#4)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 05-07-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool1478 View Post

This was my third recover. The first was Simonis 860, the second was Simonis 760, and I feel this is about the same speed as 860HR.

I am so far very impressed with this cloth, and would not hesitate to recommend it to any serious player.
Thanks for the feedback.

Old
  (#5)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool1478 View Post

Pool room I service is going to try it out on all the bar boxes and one Diamond. Good to hear it is a solid product.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#6)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2019, 07:05 PM

Just got enough to do 12 valleys & 1 9' Diamond. Also am setting 2 Diamonds up, one with Simonis and one with CPBA to compare the wear and tear. Will update as I get more data.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#7)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

07-30-2019, 07:33 PM

Got 4 tables done with the CPBA. It installed great and plays great! Now time will tell the rest.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#8)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

08-09-2019, 08:56 AM

Yesterday we finished up the 12 Valleys @ MissCue South here in Toledo. Removed 30 years of different adhesives, none of them had ever been stripped.... We use RKC250 for all our glue down installations.
We did the first set of 4 a week ago and there are barely any visible burn marks. Stretch is proper and tight. So far so good. Loving this product so far.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#9)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

08-09-2019, 01:25 PM

a little off the subject.
Has anyone ever had a custom suit made from pool table cloth?

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#10)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
I think Leprechaunís suits are made out of billiard cloth.

Get a custom suit made.... https://www.itailor.com/custom-tailo...0aAisCEALw_wcB
Attached Images

Shoot Pool
Not People

Last edited by mchnhed; 08-09-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Old
  (#11)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2019, 02:54 PM

Here’s some kicks to wear at your next league night!
https://www.groovebags.com/products/...EaAnJNEALw_wcB
Attached Images

Shoot Pool
Not People

Last edited by mchnhed; 08-09-2019 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Added Link

Old
  (#12)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked

08-09-2019, 02:59 PM

Pool T-shirts
https://www.spreadshirt.com/shoot+po...eople+t-shirts
Attached Images

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#13)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

08-10-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
It would have to be a WINTER suit. It is so thick you would sweat to death any other time of year!

Trent from Toledo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: