Real Gambling vs Stream Money Grab

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
What % of the bigger streamed matches over the last year do you think are for real money as opposed to money grabs for the streamers PPV money? I know back in the days of the original streamer TAR, Justin stated he would never stream a match that wasn’t real in any way shape or form.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the players are getting show up money in most cases. and its their backers who put up any bets. and they are in on the payouts so you never know what real amount is actually bet on the match.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Half of me sees it as plausible. Half of me doesn’t want to slander my idols with accusations fraudulent behavior without proof. And my third half would rather stay in the blissful Norman Rockwell ignorance for the sake of my entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
What does it achieve exactly to make this sort of post, with zero evidence?

Downside = you shit on the integrity of players, streamers, and backers.

Upside = ???

Absolutely nothing, except you get to feel smart by acting like you know the real, behind the scenes stuff?

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
i welcome the thread

food for thought

degenerate gamblers might be giving $$$ away

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
His post says what %, don't believe he says he knows anything about it, but I'm a betting man, and I'm pretty sure that on the DL he knows about a lot of what goes on.

What does it achieve exactly to make this sort of post, with zero evidence?

Downside = you shit on the integrity of players, streamers, and backers.

Upside = ???

Absolutely nothing, except you get to feel smart by acting like you know the real, behind the scenes stuff?

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane Shaw match had at least 250 viewers (The chat had 250 online all the time but it limits to maximum 250 ) . My guess is less 1000 viewers (Doubt it is double digit viewers) Say average 500. $24 by 500 is $12K. Each player cut is 20% ? So about $2.4K guaranteed payout win or lose.
Add in cut from backers if they win.
MMP also selling merchandise like shirts of which player would take cut. Quite a lot of sponsors but not sure if players have cut of that.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The players either think it's a good deal and play or they don't. I'm all for someone growing the sport even if God forbid they make money doing it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The last two posters in this thread can’t even comprehend my original post.
I disagree with the characterization of a money grab. You are right that I don't understand why you think that's what it may be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd want to know how much money the stream generates before I gave an opinion.

I could see an internet version of the brother-in-law hustle if the cash was right.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What % of the bigger streamed matches over the last year do you think are for real money as opposed to money grabs for the streamers PPV money? I know back in the days of the original streamer TAR, Justin stated he would never stream a match that wasn’t real in any way shape or form.

TAR was the best. I miss it. Roy's basement is legit. As for the rest, no clue. Caveat Emptor.

MachineGunKelly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you think the promoter spent the money to fly in SVB, Shaw and Sky. Then paid JJ, Incardona, and CJ to do commentary for 3 days. Spent money on posters and advertising just to make money on pay per view and it not be an actual match? You think SVB and Shaw are down for "money grab streams"? I know SVB doesn't need the money and I would guess that Shaw doesn't either. Both of these guys can make money legit without being part of this hustle you speak of. How much could the promoter possibly pay them enough to do a "money grab" and the promoter still make a profit?

lou the greek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think those matches are nothing but exhibitions no real money is changing hands in the case of Shane vs Shaw both are managed by the same promoter

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you think the promoter spent the money to fly in SVB, Shaw and Sky. Then paid JJ, Incardona, and CJ to do commentary for 3 days. Spent money on posters and advertising just to make money on pay per view and it not be an actual match? You think SVB and Shaw are down for "money grab streams"? I know SVB doesn't need the money and I would guess that Shaw doesn't either. Both of these guys can make money legit without being part of this hustle you speak of. How much could the promoter possibly pay them enough to do a "money grab" and the promoter still make a profit?
Judging by the urgency displayed by the participants, yes.

Who knows why people decide to throw money at pool?

We all know how long it lasts though.