Moving Gold Crown III

Run the Century

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to go from carpet to hardwood floors. Do I have to breakdown my table - have the flooring put in - the reassemble. Or is there a way to shift my table around while the flooring is being put in? Any advice on how to safetly move it is appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

SlateHumper

Pokin' and Hopin'
Silver Member
Dollying a pool table

In many instances I have dollied tables around a room while flooring is being put in. I use a pair of 2"x10" boards (approx 4' wide) with 1 1/2" casters in each corner. Place the dollies under each end and the table can be rolled around the room. The trick is getting the end on the table up in the air enough to clear the dollies and to not damage the table (seems) at the same time. Often I use a simple lever/fulcrum device under the end of the frame to achieve this. I have heard of other people using car jacks etc. Just be careful not to put and twist on the table (as in lifting from one corner) and pop the seems.

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I pretty much do what slatehumper does. However if you are putting Real hardwood flooring down then you can tear up the hardwood flooring because the casters will dig into the wood.

So I would say it is best to break the table down. You can do it yourself if you have a place to put the table and slate. GC3s aren't too hard to break down. You'll just need a profesional to put it together.

If you need further instructions to breaking down a GC3 just let me know.