Waiting for OB cues delivery for over 6 weeks

orion21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered an OB shaft for my Schon from Seyberts. It was completely warped. I didn't want another one so I had to pay to send it back :( Had a shaft made by Mike Gulyassy instead.

RIGOR

Registered
Got a question?

I want to get a rubber wrap on my OB playing cue,
Its the same as they have on there Rift Break cue..
I sent them an E-mail and they would due it for like $75..
After reading this post i am thinking about Not sending it to them>>>>>
whoever told me turnaround was 2 weeks do do this>>>>

What do u all think about this???
should I go in a different direction??

I feel like selling cue now........
Any input... Good or Bad.....
thankx Bob Y.

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a question?

I want to get a rubber wrap on my OB playing cue,
Its the same as they have on there Rift Break cue..
I sent them an E-mail and they would due it for like $75..
After reading this post i am thinking about Not sending it to them>>>>>
whoever told me turnaround was 2 weeks do do this>>>>

What do u all think about this???
should I go in a different direction??

I feel like selling cue now........
Any input... Good or Bad.....
thankx Bob Y.

I don't know if they'll be able to fit you in.

I've been waiting over two months for a couple shafts and now I see they are coming

out with their new carbon fiber shafts on Monday.

Heck, they'll never have time to send me my new replacement shafts.

You might have to wait a while.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I'm sad to see this thread, and I'm disappointed to say it's happened to me as well. After 7 years my OB1 ferrule finally gave up the fight and split.

I contacted OB via their webpage and received zero response. I waited two weeks and not a word. I sent them a message to their Facebook page and finally got hold of someone who agreed to send a new ferrule to a repair shop in Alberta. After speaking to that shop I got a response via email from OB to my initial request stating they would not send me a ferrule.

A little confused I emailed them back asking for clarification and yet again the hustler's choir sang me a song of silence. Sigh, back to Facebook I go. Now they're willing to send the ferrule to a local dealer instead of making me ship the shaft 600Km away. So this sounds good.

Via FB they indicate they will ship to the repair shop. So we wait. And wait. Then wait more. Still no email, and no contact via telephone or FB with either myself or the shop. I get hold of OB again and they tell me they are sorry for the confusion but the repair shop has to get hold of them. Sigh.

A total of 6 weeks later the shop gets the wooden ferrule. The shaft itself was fine but when it was spun up on a lathe the tenon seemed to be broken to so they decided to send it back to OB. Two weeks after that I get a call on Wednesday afternoon. I'm delighted to hear that my shaft won't be covered under warranty because it's badly warped.

Well that's news. It was on a lathe 2 weeks ago with no problems other than the tenon and ferrule. The nice gentleman says maybe it curled a little during shipping and he would call me back on Thursday after it had a chance to adjust to the Texas climate. I'm sensing a little back-pedaling here but I say ok and then I wait.

It's 3 weeks later and not a word.

In the meantime the shop has lent me a Revo 12.4 to use. It's only 29" long but at this point I'm thinking I might just stick to the Predator since OB doesn't want me to have my shaft back or let me order 2 new ones.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Never order anything. Too many bad experiences out there. Buy in person and walk out the door with merchandise you were able to inspect in person, before taking your wallet out of your pocket.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never really been a fan of OB stuff, but I always "assumed" it must be pretty good quality if everyone was buying it.

After reading some of the threads about them now, I'd never spend a dime on any of their stuff.

Sounds like their products have gone downhill and their customer service is even worse.

Nekdo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an ob1 1st gen shaft 10 (?) years ago. Broke a wooden ferrule due to local repairman error not putting a carbon fiber pad when changing the tip. Send an email to ob. Received the new ferrule, 10 carbon pads. Absolutely free of charge. And im from europe... Sad to read about ob nowadays.

Poslano z mojega SM-G965F z uporabo Tapatalk

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
An Update:

I spoke to the current ... I suppose, "General Manager", today. I had written them on Sunday voicing my concern it had been almost 2 months since I'd heard a word about my shaft.

I received a message back asking me to call a specific person on Monday. Unfortunately I had meetings all day and could not. So I had a time to phone today but suddenly my cue repair shop sent me a message that my shaft had shown up looking like it was brand new?

After picking it up, and indeed it does look like it was just made, and I phoned OB back. After a long conversation I learned a few things most of which I think it is up to OB to address and not I.

What I think I can say is that people do understand that Shane Sinnott had to step away from the company to deal with some personal health issues. In that time some things went a little astray and OB is aware people are frustrated.

If you have an order in, or are waiting for a return of something under warranty, contact them via email or Facebook and just explain who are, what you need, and anything special in a polite manner. They are catching up, the new OB Carbons are nearly ready, and things will be back on track.

I'm hopeful the new GM will address things when they can.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the new OB Carbons are nearly ready, and things will be back on track.

I'm hopeful the new GM will address things when they can.

By the way, I was able to get a carbon shaft early, the OB Pro Carbon (plastic ferrule). I also use the common OB-122 standard black cue.

I'm not a cue guy and I don't like to change cues often.

At the same time I received the shaft, I had made a significant improvement to my PSR. Unfortunately because of this improvement I'm not able to give a super accurate review.

I ran 51 in straight pool within a day of using the shaft, my high run (by 1 point).

I think that it seems to me that you "need" to back off on a heavy grip and use the weight of the cue to play, let the whole thing reverberate in your hand. I achieved very consistent cue ball control with a little less mental energy playing this way with this shaft.

I like it. I'll stick with it for a while.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought an in-stock shaft on July 2nd. As of today July 11th, it still has not shipped. It clearly said at the top of the shaft page: "NOTE: If a Blem shaft is shown as in stock it will ship out within one business day." :mad:

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought an in-stock shaft on July 2nd. As of today July 11th, it still has not shipped. It clearly said at the top of the shaft page: "NOTE: If a Blem shaft is shown as in stock it will ship out within one business day." :mad:

I had the same issue about 6 months ago. I was waiting on them to make a blem shaft. I called and the refunded me the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
My speed break shaft that I ordered on a Labor Day sale last year that I didn't get until almost December had the joint insert come loose in early January. I sat on it awhile because I knew they were going through some stuff, and I was nervous about sending anything back to them.

I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and sent it back at the end of June. They actually sent me what appears to be a new speed break shaft in about a weeks time or less. There was really no communication from them about it, it came in a box that I wouldn't normally use to ship a cue, and it was sent to me with another damaged shaft that wasn't mine for some reason that isn't clear to me, but I did get a replacement promptly at no cost and it does fit my break cue butt correctly so baby steps.