Table vacuum....

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have used rotating vacuums and canister vacs on my Simonis since 2007 about once a month. Never had a problem/Kirby Vacuum lol.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
……………………………………………………………………………….

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm busted, I made the entire story up. Just trying to be a Big Shot. Carry on, Brian.
Huhhhhh?? I'm stickin' to what i said, i've never seen Simonis in a room that had any level of traffic where the cloth didn't look like crap after three years. It usually looks pretty worn in half that time. Cleaning regimen must do wonders. ;)

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been using this on my table for three years. It’s a Shark model v15z with the brush assembly and belt removed. I got the idea from a thread I saw on here a long time ago. Thing works great—built in hose with brush, crevice tool, plenty of suction for the job, and it was only a little over $30 if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• 873AD635-6BD1-4680-B924-508B4ABCC1A7.jpg
    873AD635-6BD1-4680-B924-508B4ABCC1A7.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 283
  • B2C2E384-43DE-4BEB-A4BF-AC1A675C5E84.jpg
    B2C2E384-43DE-4BEB-A4BF-AC1A675C5E84.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
What exactly do you find funny about that?

Well its a long story for a guy typing with his thumbs....but here goes. 1990 I built a house, not being a rich man I was strapped for cash afterwards. Shortly after moving in a door to door salesman driving a Porsche came a knocking at the door. He was selling Kirby vacuums and could only fit one in the front of his Targa. My wife's mother always used Kirbys so of course my wife had to have one. After an impressive demonstration the salesman left without the vacuum and with $1200 dollars of our money:yikes:

After 20 years of nearly daily use(the wife is a clean freak)the transmission went out on the drive system and we had to send it in for repairs. The repair place decided not to fix it but instead sent us a new machine:thumbup: Then I started to feel better knowing that I got two vacuums for $1200 or $600 each. The Kirby is bullet proof and really dose an amazing job. I thought I was the only one that had used it for a pool table(hence the "lol")

We recently re-floored our entire house with hardwood and tile so we bought a Shark lift away designed just for hardwood and tile, its really an amazing cleaner also and feather lite. It turns into a canister vac or upright and you can choose brush speed from low to high or turn the brushes off altogether.

I always wipe the rubber wheels off with alcohol before I use them on my table cloth as to not mark the cloth. We still have the Kirby but the dang thing is heavy and I now use the Shark due to how light it is.

Cuebuddy>>>>with blisters on his thumbs.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
May I suggest...... Whatever is used have a HEPA filter in it. Regular filters allow the dust to pass through it back into the room.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well its a long story for a guy typing with his thumbs....but here goes. 1990 I built a house, not being a rich man I was strapped for cash afterwards. Shortly after moving in a door to door salesman driving a Porsche came a knocking at the door. He was selling Kirby vacuums and could only fit one in the front of his Targa. My wife's mother always used Kirbys so of course my wife had to have one. After an impressive demonstration the salesman left without the vacuum and with $1200 dollars of our money:yikes:

After 20 years of nearly daily use(the wife is a clean freak)the transmission went out on the drive system and we had to send it in for repairs. The repair place decided not to fix it but instead sent us a new machine:thumbup: Then I started to feel better knowing that I got two vacuums for $1200 or $600 each. The Kirby is bullet proof and really dose an amazing job. I thought I was the only one that had used it for a pool table(hence the "lol")

We recently re-floored our entire house with hardwood and tile so we bought a Shark lift away designed just for hardwood and tile, its really an amazing cleaner also and feather lite. It turns into a canister vac or upright and you can choose brush speed from low to high or turn the brushes off altogether.

I always wipe the rubber wheels off with alcohol before I use them on my table cloth as to not mark the cloth. We still have the Kirby but the dang thing is heavy and I now use the Shark due to how light it is.

Cuebuddy>>>>with blisters on his thumbs.[/QUOTE
Thanks for sharing that story:)
Sorry about the thumbs

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That’s the one!! I couldn’t remember who posted the thread. It really has been a great little vacuum. :thumbup:

The only issue I had was a few months ago it shut off while I was using it. I thought, “Well I finally burned it up. Time for another.” Then I went online and saw that it’s just a safety measure in case it overheats....I had never cleaned the inner filter! :eek: I didn’t even realize it has that little hepa filter inside the screen filter. I had always just emptied the dust cup. I clean the whole thing after use now and haven’t had any problems since.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That’s the one!! I couldn’t remember who posted the thread. It really has been a great little vacuum. :thumbup:

The only issue I had was a few months ago it shut off while I was using it. I thought, “Well I finally burned it up. Time for another.” Then I went online and saw that it’s just a safety measure in case it overheats....I had never cleaned the inner filter! :eek: I didn’t even realize it has that little hepa filter inside the screen filter. I had always just emptied the dust cup. I clean the whole thing after use now and haven’t had any problems since.

I like the modded vac. I tried to buy one and do the same thing. Unavailable at the time and still might be.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i don't think you really need a hepa filter'd vac.

Once the lungs go they are not repairable. There is a difference between a dust collector/extractor and ShopVac/vacuum cleaner.
Don't take my word...do some research. I used a ShopVac for dust collection for a long stretch of time. I still cannot breath properly.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once the lungs go they are not repairable. There is a difference between a dust collector/extractor and ShopVac/vacuum cleaner.
Don't take my word...do some research. I used a ShopVac for dust collection for a long stretch of time. I still cannot breath properly.
Do what you gotta do. I'm no vacuum tech. but i seriously doubt the small amount of dust that would escape a non-HEPA equipped vac is going to hurt you, UNLESS you were allergic to certain particles.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the 70s I played in a straight pool league at Thunderbowl in Allen Park MI. One of the guys was a Kirby salesman who eventually talked me into buying one at a favorable price discount. Never looked back, have since owned a couple more recent models and always have vac'd my table using a Kirby - no issues.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do what you gotta do. I'm no vacuum tech. but i seriously doubt the small amount of dust that would escape a non-HEPA equipped vac is going to hurt you, UNLESS you were allergic to certain particles.

Yeah I agree, I doubt the small amounts of chalk dust generated during vacuuming would be harmful.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I agree, I doubt the small amounts of chalk dust generated during vacuuming would be harmful.
Our lungs are more than capable of handling small-to-moderate amounts of dust. Its constant exposure that gets you into trouble. The amount you're gonna deal with cleaning a pool table is tiny.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I fold...... cards are down.....towel has been thrown.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I fold...... cards are down.....towel has been thrown.
Sir, i used to work in a high-dust shop. We had a top-notch HEPA-equipped removal system. I know what you're talking about. Vacuuming a pool table from time-to-time is not anywhere near the same thing. All i'm saying.