I CANCELLED A SALE-REVIEW/Opinons/FEEDBACK PLEASE

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well we all had our say, looks like Duane is going to sell him the cue and all is well. I for one think we cut Duane some slack, yea he dropped the ball, but he asked for feedback and eventually got the idea. I'd still consider him someone to buy from, even if he wanted a Money Order. Time to move.it on

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well we all had our say, looks like Duane is going to sell him the cue and all is well. I for one think we cut Duane some slack, yea he dropped the ball, but he asked for feedback and eventually got the idea. I'd still consider him someone to buy from, even if he wanted a Money Order. Time to move.it on
Hey guys, i kinda got my panties in a wad over this. Apologies to those i torqued off. I'm good if you are. If not, well i'll just move on.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
my take, no one else offered more so he will sell to the original buyer.

he is an experienced user of the system and knows how it works. he had sellers remorse and wanted out. and wanted justification from the forums before the buyer got here first to out him. but he lost.

now that he will only take cashiers checks he will be protected from scams.https://forums.azbilliards.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
That Duane hasn’t been banned because of his attitude towards newbies.
And you haven't been for the childish name calling. Nobody is impressed, state your points like a mature adult and people might actually consider them. All I see is your strange need to call someone who admittedly made some mistakes...a moron.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I pm buyer-waiting for reply

Not really caught up with all the posts and maybe the out of luck buyer has identified himself, other than his forum identity.

However, if he hasn't, putting a pic up that apparently includes his name is really uncalled for, IMO. No excuse for it and appears to be intentional.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And you haven't been for the childish name calling. Nobody is impressed, state your points like a mature adult and people might actually consider them. All I see is your strange need to call someone who admittedly made some mistakes...a moron.

That guy was brutal. Got him on lifetime "Ignore".

Speedie

Registered
Not really caught up with all the posts and maybe the out of luck buyer has identified himself, other than his forum identity.

However, if he hasn't, putting a pic up that apparently includes his name is really uncalled for, IMO. No excuse for it and appears to be intentional.

Whether intentional or not, that was a dick move. It took 20 seconds to find the guy's age, full address, phone number, relatives etc from that image.

Duane: Please remove the pic with the shipping label on it. It serves zero purpose whatsoever, and you've managed to expose a bunch of the buyer's personal info to anyone with a clue. Apart from any other ethical concerns, and this thread has a number of them, I wouldn't do business with you purely based on that.

Last edited:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So I should flip my stance and defend his actions like everyone else is trying to do? Duane screwed up, and still won’t admit he screwed up. He has tried to justify his terrible actions. He has mocked a couple different users because they asked him to reply in a manner that was coherent so we could figure out what was going on. But I’m being the childish one....

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
So I should flip my stance and defend his actions like everyone else is trying to do? Duane screwed up, and still won’t admit he screwed up. He has tried to justify his terrible actions. He has mocked a couple different users because they asked him to reply in a manner that was coherent so we could figure out what was going on. But I’m being the childish one....
You either didn't read what I wrote or can't understand it. I don't care what your position is on this matter or anything else and made no comment about it.

What I said is that you are calling someone a moron instead of commenting coherently on what you object to. I am saying you are acting like a spoiled child. Look at your posts. What does all the name calling add to your post other than making you feel like an antisocial version of John Wayne?

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quoting hits em hard

Look at you...you made a post without using insults....way to go. You are making progress.
Yes i am mocking you. Duane did not mock anyone. The thread was heading in the correct direction until you started with the name calling. Why the anger?. You have no part of this deal. Try dialling it down next time

JC

Coos Cues
I know its DUMB-
I saw your avatar and the stroke city 33 and the bronze member THOUGHT THAT WAS YOUR ITRADER-
It was a mistake-
CHECK MY ITRADER HERE-
********** ALSO Check my name here ***BEFORE ITRADER- I am always very generous and helpful
I was taking a hit to give a good deal on a cue-
CHECK WITH KIDWILL -that's who I just got the cue from- I PAID HIM $$ 20.00 OVER HIS ASKING PRICE TO COVER THE FEES WHEN I BOUGH THE CUE

i trader means jack

Forney screwed me after I had given him positive i trader myself on a smaller deal and a dozen others.

IMO you got a little jumpy on this one. You misread the paypal FF advice in some thread. It's the sender of the money putting their dick out there, not you. If he paid you friends and family that's a leap of faith on his part, not yours. Damned near nothing he can do to get his money back if you fail on your end. What else was he supposed to do? You screwed up Dwayne, you were at no risk.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Duane, I think you were wrong. I can understand not wanting to do business with
someone that has no or 1 or 2 I trader, I don’t necessarily agree with it, but I understand
it, but you had agreed to make the deal. That you hadn’t thought to check his i trader
prior to the deal was on you, not the buyer. From what I’ve read the buyer complied with
everything you had asked, even sent you money. It was over, the deal was done, then
you went back and moved the goal post, this was unfair, you were wrong.
For whatever reason, you don’t want tot do business with a new poster/buyer, that’s your
business and that’s at your option, but that wasn’t part of this deal until it was over.
You changed the rules, you moved the goal post, that’s wrong

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You either didn't read what I wrote or can't understand it. I don't care what your position is on this matter or anything else and made no comment about it.

What I said is that you are calling someone a moron instead of commenting coherently on what you object to. I am saying you are acting like a spoiled child. Look at your posts. What does all the name calling add to your post other than making you feel like an antisocial version of John Wayne?

Many people before me politely called him out on his egregious attitude. He thought he could argue back, and insult other members of this community before I responded. Duane seems to no longer be taking the stance that he was right, and is no longer trying to argue back against the community. You may take away anything you want from my responses, I don’t feel bad for taking a childlike stance to name calling. Duane obviously didn’t feel bad for attempting to **** a newbie over either.

Quoting hits em hard

Look at you...you made a post without using insults....way to go. You are making progress.
Yes i am mocking you. Duane did not mock anyone. The thread was heading in the correct direction until you started with the name calling. Why the anger?. You have no part of this deal. Try dialling it down next time

You obviously did not pay attention to this thread. Duane did insult the buyer to the highest regard. He even posted the guys name and address. How many times is someone like you going to overlook Duane’s actions just because I called him an idiot? That’s where my anger is from. People like you justifying Duane, and backing him up.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although Duane could have handled this differently, he has tons of good deals under his
belt and I like dealing with him.
On the other hand the buyer has been around and the risk just wasn't there.
I have sold a lot of cues to newbs that has typically lead to more deals, so I love the newbie.
Any newbies out there looking for a cue let me know...F&F, G&S, money order, check, cash, IOU, Zelle, Facebook, Samsung, layaway, you name it.
Oh, cashiers checks are nice

Peace
Ted

I wonder if Paypal thought the deals were so good, considering they were providing a service but getting screwed out of the fees they were entitled to. That someone can publicly admit he does this and still be regarded as a good trustworthy guy is a sad commentary on the pool mentality.

But here is the real question that hasn't been answered by the seller:

Once you had the F&F payment in hand, what possible risk did you have? What possible scenario could have resulted in a bad outcome for you? Once the non-recourse payment had been made weren't you 100% safe.

Reactions: JC

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
i trader means jack

Forney screwed me after I had given him positive i trader myself on a smaller deal and a dozen others.

IMO you got a little jumpy on this one. You misread the paypal FF advice in some thread. It's the sender of the money putting their dick out there, not you. If he paid you friends and family that's a leap of faith on his part, not yours. Damned near nothing he can do to get his money back if you fail on your end. What else was he supposed to do? You screwed up Dwayne, you were at no risk.

Yeah, he did.. But as I mentioned above... Older AZers are the rule these days, not the exception, and some are simply not fully in the know about small nuances like this, and this is why I gave him the benefit of the doubt early on.. I never saw the buyer as really "harmed" in the first place, but it's good that Duane is seeking to remedy the situation..

If folks on here think getting a full refund promptly in return for not getting their desired good is being "harmed", I'd hate to see how they react to some of the blatant and intentional fraudulent treatment by major corporations, if it happened to them.

For example: How many of you know that Intuit, the company behind TurboTax, has been working tirelessly for the past 20 years or so to prevent the U.S. Government from putting out a system that would enable taxpayers to file taxes online, with pre-filled out info, based on information the IRS already has on your payments?

So much so, that Intuit offered a free online filing system for lower income Americans, in exchange for the U.S. Government to not field it's own system. And the system Intuit provides? Has coding that prevents it from being indexed by any major search engine, making it extremely difficult for anyone, of any means, to find. (Thanks to our own sleinen for the info...) So a single company is working to screw over the entire taxbase. And you guys are complaining about a full refund.

You folks really need to to get your priorities straight. There's a lot more out there in this big, wide world to get twisted about, other than a dude that got a full refund because the seller changed their mind about a sale.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, he did.. But as I mentioned above... Older AZers are the rule these days, not the exception, and some are simply not fully in the know about small nuances like this, and this is why I gave him the benefit of the doubt early on.. I never saw the buyer as really "harmed" in the first place, but it's good that Duane is seeking to remedy the situation.. (Thanks to our own sleinen for the info...)

If folks on here think getting a full refund promptly in return for not getting their desired good is being "harmed", I'd hate to see how they react to some of the blatant and intentional fraudulent treatment by major corporations, if it happened to them.

For example: How many of you know that Intuit, the company behind TurboTax, has been working tirelessly for the past 20 years or so to prevent the U.S. Government from putting out a system that would enable taxpayers to file taxes online, with pre-filled out info, based on information the IRS already has on your payments?

So much so, that Intuit offered a free online filing system for lower income Americans, in exchange for the U.S. Government to not field it's own system. And the system Intuit provides? Has coding that prevents it from being indexed by any major search engine, making it extremely difficult for anyone, of any means, to find.

You folks really need to to get your priorities straight. There's a lot more out there in this big, wide world to get twisted about, other than a dude that got a full refund because the seller changed their mind about a sale.
The bitterness/vindictiveness in some of the posts is just ridiculous. Must be nice to be perfect.

BJTyler747

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, he did.. But as I mentioned above... Older AZers are the rule these days, not the exception, and some are simply not fully in the know about small nuances like this, and this is why I gave him the benefit of the doubt early on.. I never saw the buyer as really "harmed" in the first place, but it's good that Duane is seeking to remedy the situation..

So much so, that Intuit offered a free online filing system for lower income Americans, in exchange for the U.S. Government to not field it's own system. And the system Intuit provides? Has coding that prevents it from being indexed by any major search engine, making it extremely difficult for anyone, of any means, to find. (Thanks to our own sleinen for the info...) So a single company is working to screw over the entire taxbase. And you guys are complaining about a full refund.

With so many more important things in this big wide world, surprised you have the time and inclination to post in such a trivial and unimportant thread....what a tard. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
With so many more important things in this big wide world, surprised you have the time and inclination to post in such a trivial and unimportant thread....what a tard. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

REAL TALK!!!!

Just because it is not important to someone who has nothing to do with the sale, does not make it any less wrong!

Trent from Toledo