Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale > For Sale Items
Reload this Page trying to make a deal right.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
trying to make a deal right.
Old
  (#1)
cantwin
GriffithBilliardsManager
cantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

trying to make a deal right. - 06-30-2014, 05:03 PM

I bought a richard black from Tinman467. We made a deal for a 95% cue with 2 original richard black shafts and one predator shaft that matched. I received the cue on June 19th , cue was not at all as described. It has a bad warp in the handle which makes the joint raise almost 3 credit cards. You can actually rock the cue on a flat surface. Also, i only received 1 original and 1 predator shaft. I am missing one shaft. Last i spoke to him he said i would get it when he found it. The ferrule on the predator shaft is cracked and would need to be replaced. The ferrule on the original shaft may have to be replaced due to pitting and not being taken care of. I gave 1900.00 for the cue and 25.00 to split shipping. I was very unhappy with the deal and now buyer wont contact me or send me the shaft which is owed . I made a dispute/ claim through paypal and we will see how that goes i suppose. I offered him an 1800.00 refund so he didn't lose any money in this deal. He told me that interested in having the cue back. He even told me he didn't know the cue had a roll and that someone else packaged it to be sent out. I have never had any issues on here so I am not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated. I thought i was being fair but i think a 95% cue shouldnt have to be fixed.

Old
  (#2)
Q-Street
AzB Silver Member
Q-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Street has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2014, 05:24 PM

That's frustrating, my condolences. If this guy doesn't give a full refund, he's a CROOK! Can't wait to hear his excuses

Old
  (#3)
takeitdown
Banned
takeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2014, 05:44 PM

Tell him you want to return it , do so in writing, text is fine.
Hope you bought using paypal funded with a credit card.
File dispute with Paypal for item not as described.
Give him 2 days to fly right.
When he ignores you and he will...file charge back with your credit card company.

No way does a 2000 cue have a undescribed warped handle. He dumped on you sir.

Black
Old
  (#4)
rsmith43
Banned
rsmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond reputersmith43 has a reputation beyond repute

Black - 06-30-2014, 05:47 PM

That was a beautiful cue. I almost bought it..

Old
  (#5)
Tro
Insert Clever Title Here
Tro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2014, 06:19 PM

I spoke to Jim, cantwin, on the phone about this. He's local to me and I consider him a good friend.

His word is gold and if he says the cue was not as described, then the cue was not as described.

If he says items were missing from the deal, they were missing from the deal.

If he says the cue is warped...it's warped.

Before I get all bent out of shape over this, I'd like to hear from Tinman and hopefully he'll make this right.

Jim, you don't deserve this. You do business the right way and paid good cash for this cue..you deserve a refund since you didn't get what you paid for.

Mike

Tro
(Mike) 815 212 9764
miketroha@gmail.com
---------------------

---------------------

Old
  (#6)
azdiamondbacks1
AzB Silver Member
azdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond reputeazdiamondbacks1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-30-2014, 06:25 PM

Of course he doesn't want the cue back. Who would want it with a warped handle ?
I think you are on the right track with the paypal dispute. Follow that up with
some neg i trader to warn others about his sense of honesty.

Old
  (#7)
Jive
Professional Racker
Jive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to Jive Send a message via Skype™ to Jive 
06-30-2014, 06:40 PM

That really sucks, I'd be pissed as hell if someone made me that deal!
The only right way to do this is to undo the trade with you losing not a single dime cos you've already wasted your time.

Regards,
Jive Ong

Old
  (#8)
Tro
Insert Clever Title Here
Tro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond reputeTro has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2014, 07:02 PM

Here's the link to the for sale thread.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...=richard+black

His description:

Very classy Richard Black.
Cue weights are in the area of 19.5 oz with any shaft.
Tips are roughly 12.8 - 12.9 mm on all 3 shafts.
2 original RB shafts...and 1 Predator Z314
Cue plays SUPERB.
$2000 or b/o and I'll eat all the fees.
NO TRADES PLEASE
(716) 807- 4561

Tro
(Mike) 815 212 9764
miketroha@gmail.com
---------------------

---------------------

Old
  (#9)
cleitonrocha
12 Fingers ROCHA

cleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond reputecleitonrocha has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to cleitonrocha 
06-30-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tro View Post
I spoke to Jim, cantwin, on the phone about this. He's local to me and I consider him a good friend.

His word is gold and if he says the cue was not as described, then the cue was not as described.

If he says items were missing from the deal, they were missing from the deal.

If he says the cue is warped...it's warped.

Before I get all bent out of shape over this, I'd like to hear from Tinman and hopefully he'll make this right.

Jim, you don't deserve this. You do business the right way and paid good cash for this cue..you deserve a refund since you didn't get what you paid for.

Mike
Sorry to hear that JIM and TRO.....

Next time buy from ME...lol...

hope he make it right quick....

GL

Sponsors:
AZBilliards
Joseph Pechauer

Player Rep:
Ultimate Team Gear

Become a AzBilliards GOLD member...Contribute if you SELL anything here... THANKS
"AZ Gold Memberships Cost < 10 Cents per Day"

www.cleitonscues.com

cleitonrocha01@gmail.com
781-838-0117

there is one buyer that please don't bother to ever send me a PM again with questions on my cues... you know who you are, don't contact me because i will not sell anything to you...

Bogus
Old
  (#10)
JMLichtwalt
AzB Silver Member
JMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond reputeJMLichtwalt has a reputation beyond repute

Bogus - 06-30-2014, 07:46 PM

Crap like this is why it's so hard for an honest guy like me to make a deal on this site.

Another buyer screwed over....
Old
  (#11)
ZiggyLee
I Love This Game!!!!
ZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond reputeZiggyLee has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to ZiggyLee  
Another buyer screwed over.... - 06-30-2014, 08:01 PM

Sorry to hear about another bad deal going down on the for sale section. I would be pissed as all get out, if I spent that kind of cash on a cue like that. What's wrong with people these days? I know the economy is bad, but dam... I hope you can get this bad deal worked out. Best of luck Jim...

Chris

Player: Carmeli 1 of a kind ebony and ivory segmented handle. Loaded with ivory
Break: Mezz Power Break II
Jumper Lomax
Case: Whitten Black Elephant ear with White Smooth leather, RingTail Lizard Whitten makes cases with Class.
Email: [email]kcgeary@earthlink.net, or ziggylee007@gmail.com
Phone or text: 760-413-8571
Lee Lock " If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

Old
  (#12)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

06-30-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwin View Post
I bought a richard black from Tinman467. We made a deal for a 95% cue with 2 original richard black shafts and one predator shaft that matched. I received the cue on June 19th , cue was not at all as described. It has a bad warp in the handle which makes the joint raise almost 3 credit cards. You can actually rock the cue on a flat surface. Also, i only received 1 original and 1 predator shaft. I am missing one shaft. Last i spoke to him he said i would get it when he found it. The ferrule on the predator shaft is cracked and would need to be replaced. The ferrule on the original shaft may have to be replaced due to pitting and not being taken care of. I gave 1900.00 for the cue and 25.00 to split shipping. I was very unhappy with the deal and now buyer wont contact me or send me the shaft which is owed . I made a dispute/ claim through paypal and we will see how that goes i suppose. I offered him an 1800.00 refund so he didn't lose any money in this deal. He told me that interested in having the cue back. He even told me he didn't know the cue had a roll and that someone else packaged it to be sent out. I have never had any issues on here so I am not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated. I thought i was being fair but i think a 95% cue shouldnt have to be fixed.

Has Paypal issued a return authorization?

player.....Josswest, Gus Szamboti, Paul Drexler, Schon
player.....Keith Josey, Judd, Palmer, Ernie Martinez, Jensen
player.....Richard Black, Tim Scruggs, Pat Diveney, South West
breaker...Judd Fuller
jumper....see breaker
shooter...Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter......Dan Harrison

Old
  (#13)
cantwin
GriffithBilliardsManager
cantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond reputecantwin has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2014, 11:36 PM

I did pay with a debit card through PayPal. I guess that was a mistake. I opened a dispute and escalated it to a claim. They give the seller a certain amount of time and then make the decision themselves in this case, as far as I understand. Any additional info will help from experienced members. Should I notify my bank, can they do anything?

Old
  (#14)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

07-01-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwin View Post
I did pay with a debit card through PayPal. I guess that was a mistake. I opened a dispute and escalated it to a claim. They give the seller a certain amount of time and then make the decision themselves in this case, as far as I understand. Any additional info will help from experienced members. Should I notify my bank, can they do anything?
I will pm you my phone number.
Just finished my only Paypal problem ever, which was a 6-week ordeal on a Joss West I paid for through a debit card.
I am now very well versed on what and how things can go wrong during a Paypal dispute, and it is incredible what can happen.
For instance, the case was closed 3-times behind my back.
Too much stuff for me to type, 8-days of hell toward the end of the 6-weeks, but I stayed with it and won.
I would not of been able to stay with it if I was still working and playing pool every night.
The real problem with using a debit card is that you have to fight the battle yourself.
When you use a credit card, they fight the battle for you.
Paypal isn't as sophisticated as you would think when dealing with these disputes, and on several occasions they looked to be subjective in their decisions, and pretty stupid as well.

player.....Josswest, Gus Szamboti, Paul Drexler, Schon
player.....Keith Josey, Judd, Palmer, Ernie Martinez, Jensen
player.....Richard Black, Tim Scruggs, Pat Diveney, South West
breaker...Judd Fuller
jumper....see breaker
shooter...Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter......Dan Harrison

Old
  (#15)
ToomnyQs
AzB Silver Member

ToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond reputeToomnyQs has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2014, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLichtwalt View Post
Crap like this is why it's so hard for an honest guy like me to make a deal on this site.
Don't be too quick to judge my friend.. there are several guys on this site that are full of integrity..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: