Cloth Tears

Nineballggs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
claymont said:
Could you give me info on repairing small tears(coin flip size:mad: )

You just found out why YOU NEVER FLIP A COIN ON THE TABLE.....I also found out the hard way.........There is really nothing you can do to fix a tear.......Preventive maintenance on your next cloth goes a long way.......G

Billiard Architect

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually there is one thing you can do to prevent the tear from getting bigger. Dab a bit of elmers or tightbond glue on the tear and rub it in. Let it dry. Tightbond and Elmers does not swell when it drys and will hold the threads together so the tear does not spread into an L shape rip.

HTH

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, that's probably what I remember one of the old school pool rooms from my youth doing. Don't remember what glue they used, probably Tweetens, they were pretty frugal. Tables didn't get recovered too frequently, lots of glue repairs. If I remember correctly(45 years ago) they even glued pieces in to fill in a big tear. I was hoping technology had changed and came up with a way to make a more adequate repair.

Johnny "V" said:
Actually there is one thing you can do to prevent the tear from getting bigger. Dab a bit of elmers or tightbond glue on the tear and rub it in. Let it dry. Tightbond and Elmers does not swell when it drys and will hold the threads together so the tear does not spread into an L shape rip.

HTH

Tablemechanic

Silver Member
You can use instant glue. Use the gel and when it drys, tap it down lightly with a hammer to smooth it out. Be very carefull.

Steve