fresh thoughts on table lighting

nyneball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whats your opinion on the best possible lighting for a pro table. Im helping a friend set up his new addition with a gold crown table and I said I would solicit expert opinions before he buys a lite fixture. Price is no object. my experience is that 8' flouresents "flicker" and incadesents show off color better. whats your opinions please?

gregoryg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lighting

Way back when, I was told the proper way to light a table was by putting one light directly over each spot and one light directly over the center of the table. What ever type of light fixture you choose, you need to place it at a sufficient height over the table to illuminate it all the way to the side rails. Hope you can get the results you are looking for.

metal5d

Pool Player
Silver Member
The new electronic ballasts for flourescents don't flicker. I think the Diamond light with the electronic ballasts and the special grid that disperses light across the whole playing surface is the best on the market.

NineBallNut

Silver Member
yep, that diamond light is very nice. Another light that does the same thing is the gold crown light with the diffusers. I think the diamond light is less money though.

xidica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll also chime in and say that I thought the Diamond lights were the most consistent and gave the best lighting. Unfortunately there are no halls with diamonds where I live though :(