FS: 7 antiques - 4 HP's, Palmer Titlist

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
FS: 4 Hoppe Pros, 1920's butterfly and 4-point

7 cues for sale, left-right:

1. 1940's Brazillian Rosewood Hoppe Pro. Unusually colorful veneers for 1st gen Titlist blank. 1st gen label and 'Willie Hoppe' stamp. Suspected to have originated with Brunswick employee.
  2. 1940's rosewood war-time 1st generation Hoppe Pro with extra-long points. Hand-polished refinish (no sanding), new leather wrap (-R-), new extra-long shaft (-R-). 1st gen 'Willie Hoppe' stamp, no label. I have a repro 1st gen label I bought to put on it that will be included.
  3. 1940's Brazillian Rosewood War-Time Hoppe Pro with 'shield' weight-stamp (only war-time/shield HP I've seen). 1st gen label and 'Willie Hoppe' stamp. Also has slightly longer points than a normal 1940's Hoppe Pro, and an odd 5/16 x 14 steel pin and steel shaft insert. If you are a collector of HP's, this is a one-of-a-kind missing link, priced firm.
  4. 1960's black label Hoppe Pro with dark-red wood. 2nd gen 'Willie Hoppe' forearm stamp. The shaft is crooked and I believe the pin is slightly bent. It would make an incredible-looking conversion. I guess it's possible the wood is purpleheart - to me it looks too red, but I have nothing to compare it to.
  5. Palmer 2nd catlg Model D - NAV yet - I have cleaned the wrap somewhat and lightly refinished the forearm (did not remove all of the original finish) and will have this cue back up for sale in a separate thread. If you are in a hurry to buy it :) just PM me for advance images and a price.
  6. 1920's 3-veneer butterfly, pin in shaft, repaired & refinished (16.35oz butt, plays) - same source as #1, stored for years in Brunswick mailing tube. I did major repairs to this cue as described in this thread: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=459673
  7. **SOLD**1920's Brunswick with i*** chunk joint, pin in shaft. This one is priced fairly and firmly. The butt is straight and heavy (16.25 oz), the decal is fantastic. All you need to do is have a 5 16x14 pin put in the butt to have a great almost-sneaky. That's what I plan on doing as soon as I find a cuemaker to do it.

Shafts are various conditions, lengths and straightness, so ask first. If you are looking for a conversion cue, the red wood butt and the 1920's ivory joint are the only ones that are appropriate - the others are antiques that should be left as-is.

Prices are Paypal f&f (or add 3%), check or money order, shipped:
1) $600; 2) $690; 3) $850; 4) $315; 5) NAV; 6) $139; 7) **SOLD**$165
NEW - Instant antique collection bundle prices: 2,3,4 - $1,675

Attachments

• IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,901
  • IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,920
  • IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,931
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1,926
  • IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,914
Last edited:

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Is the one on end straight the one that 165.

I don't have a lathe, but the butt appears to be straight. The shaft is not straight and has a 1.5" hairline crack that starts above the collar. I have never hit with this cue, so don't know how any of this effects play. The value I see in it is four even points, very nice label, ivory joint in great condition. I planned to have a pin put in the butt and a new shaft made.

Last edited:

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Still available: Four Hoppe Pros, 1920's 4-point with ivory joint and 1910-20's butterfly

Please note: They are old cues and you can assume they have the quirks that old cues have. I am not selling them because there is anything wrong with them - I simply grabbed the BEST of my antique cues and stuck prices on them that I thought were fair. I don't normally mess with selling cues that are worth less than $500, as any possible future complaints and hassles are not worth the angst. If you are looking for a cue that you can judge by modern standards then you should be looking at modern cues instead of these.

Edited to add: I just went out and bought a scale and a caliper, so I can provide that information if requested.

NEW - Instant antique collection bundle prices: 2,3,4 - $1,675; 6,7 - $295

Last edited:

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Just curious - I realize that dealers are preferred as sellers, but where do the rest of you sell cues? Are people moving away from AZ and back to eBay or is there another internet site or Facebook page where people are now selling? I have not tried to move cues in a while so just trying to figure out where selling has moved. Thanks.

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Prices lowered on all cues:

1) $600; 2) $690; 3) $850; 4) $315; 5) Back soon!; 6) $139; 7) **SOLD**$165

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Prices lowered again on some cues:

1) $600
2) $640
3) $790
4) $315

6) $139...sorry, can't go any lower on this one.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just curious - I realize that dealers are preferred as sellers, but where do the rest of you sell cues? Are people moving away from AZ and back to eBay or is there another internet site or Facebook page where people are now selling? I have not tried to move cues in a while so just trying to figure out where selling has moved. Thanks.

There are quite a few for sale groups on Facebook for cues. Most of the cues listed here are listed in some of those groups too.

I really like these older cues you have. I just don't have any room for another one. Good luck with sale.

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
There are quite a few for sale groups on Facebook for cues. Most of the cues listed here are listed in some of those groups too.

I really like these older cues you have. I just don't have any room for another one. Good luck with sale.

Thanks. Coincidentally I spoke with a friend last night who directed me to some of the facebook groups. I avoid facebook fairly well, so will probably just use ebay. Since trying to sell cues I have expanded my collection by two, so I understand the issue with 'room'.