X Ray

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a customer with, what he thinks is, a Balabushka. No markings. So I went to a local Vet's office to inquire about X rays. I am thinking about 5 shots should do the job. They quoted me $100 a picture. Does that seem about the going price?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Seems really high to me but then again I have never really shopped for xrays.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a customer with, what he thinks is, a Balabushka. No markings. So I went to a local Vet's office to inquire about X rays. I am thinking about 5 shots should do the job. They quoted me $100 a picture. Does that seem about the going price?

Why don’t you send it to someone to validate? You will still have to do that anyway, right?

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Why don’t you send it to someone to validate? You will still have to do that anyway, right?

I think it's cooler to take it to the dog fixer-upper and have 'em zap fry a pool cue though, right?

I mean, they don't have anything to do.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just out of curiosity, what will this prove?

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would have to obtain an authenticated Balabushka and X-ray it also, and then compare the films. But, you would also need to know what specific materials to compare. Metal and wood require different settings on the X-ray machine to properly demonstrate structure. The intensity needed to see the inside of a bolt would totally obliterate the visualization of wood, or any other softer material.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Along time ago when the interwebz were little there were pictures of George’s cues available. I have not been able to find them for 25 years.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Take the cue to an airport and get it done for nothing.....
...if it has ivory...might be a bad idea.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

That's super high. Find a mobile x-ray service. PM me and I can help you ID it from pictures

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

I have X-ray vision. Send the cue to me and I will take some mental pictures of it for just $50 each.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Think I would ask around town where you live, and see if someone does xraying some place for their job. Honestly $100.00/Image sounds like they are taking advantage of your generosity.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Per pic??? Too high.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Post photos here. Any number of "experts" will chime in.

Then have Pete Tascarella look at it.

Freddie <~~~ won't chime in

MesdupBoogie

Registered
That seems extremely high for a plain film that doesn’t include a medical interpretation. Now that most imaging is done digitally, there isn’t nearly as much overhead for consumables like film and chemicals. A guy could even stick the joint in a fluoroscope and snap a pic with enough resolution to ID the screw.

For perspective: some urgent care facilities, morgues, and emergency departments will image Halloween candy for free or a few dollars. Take the cue somewhere else in a Halloween bag and ask if they’ll check it for razor blades.