• It's ok.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • It's no good.

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

arsenius

Nothing ever registers...
Silver Member
My score counter has been approved by Apple! It only took about eleven days. A nice surprise when I woke up this morning.

It's free, so please download it. You can also search for "Straight Pool" or "Billiards Buddy" in the app store.

Right now it is available for iOS 4.1 only. I didn't realize that until after I had submitted it. The next build will be available for all iOS 4 versions. I may support iOS 3 in the future, but I'm not sure. I would have to make quite a number of changes, and that is time I could use adding other features.

This version will allow you to review your game at any time, but once you start a new game your old one will disappear. The next version I release will have support for viewing old games, as well as more games. I have already added Three Cushion and One Pocket to the next version. That will probably be available in about a month, unless Apple approves it faster than the current version.

There is one bug I found after I sent it to Apple. If you foul and hit undo, it won't take the foul away until you undo all the way back to the previous player's inning. Then you can hit the correct button and continue. If you hit the foul button by mistake on the first player's opening shot, it is not undoable, you should just start a new game.

If you have any comments, please leave them here, or private message me, or email me at "billiardsbuddy at gmail . com". Also, if you like it, please rate it in the app store!

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
Downloading it now! Thanks so much for all of your effort on this. I look forward to trying it out!

Congrats on AppStore approval as well!

EDIT: Ahh, bummer, I only have iOS 3. We have 4 iPod Touches. Either way, NICE JOB!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Sounds like Apple is getting better with their approval process, 11 days is pretty fast. As soon as I upgrade to 4.1, I'll download your app and give it a try.

I'll pass on the word to my friends and league acquaintances. Congratulations on publishing your app.

Henry

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I had to upgrade to 4.1, but I like the look and feel of it.

I will play around with it layer and give my full review

Thanks
-Steve

arsenius

Silver Member
Version 1.01

I just submitted version 1.01 to the app store. It adds iOS 4.0 support and fixes the bug with the fouls. I wish I would have been able to do it earlier, but if you submit an update before you are in the app store you lose your place in line, and have to start waiting again.

RedEyeJedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure how much it's like this one, as I have a droid and can't try Billiards Buddy, but I use the "Straight Pool Sheet" (as it reads on my phone, but it may be Score Sheet). It's free, and works about perfect.

mnhighrunlist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy customer

Add my name to happy customers. This is great for me as many local poolroom tables do not have working score counters. We had to revert to keeping results on "paper". My issue is that I wear glasses to read/write but remove them to shoot pool. It always took time for my eyes to readjust after writing my score down. Billiards Buddy lets me keep my glasses off and get an accurate record of game statistics which I can email to self and opponent.

-Dennis in MN

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When will you update your application so it runs on iPad in full resolution? :)

It can be scaled up 2x on the iPad, but how difficult would it be to update it to cover the higher resolution?

If so, why not offer the free version (low resolution) and a higher resolution for .99? I'll most certainly jump on the later. :)

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's great. And FREE to boot! To be able to score on my phone is awesome! I prefer counters, but very few tables I play in have them. So THANK YOU!! :thumbup:

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's great. And FREE to boot! To be able to score on my phone is awesome! I prefer counters, but very few tables I play in have them. So THANK YOU!! :thumbup:

Free as in ad-ware (which is totally fine)...I think for $.99 you can remove the ads.

Billiards Buddy Pro is $1.99, no ads.

I'd gladly pay $10 for a high resolution version. :)

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Downloaded it yesterday. Looks very nice. Will use it today. Thanks for your work.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'm begging you to port that to android. The pool world is in DIRE need of an easy-to-use, user-friendly 14.1 scoring app for their phone.

Dave

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add me to the list of happy customers. The automatic logging of your high run, average, and inning-by-inning results is very cool. I especially like the ability to email the game summary.

It is great not having to keep track of your runs during a game. It's also humbling to realize just how many innings it takes me to get through a game, especially after following the world championships last week :eek:

Billiards Buddy is well worth the money.

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too. I use it all the time whether playing a game with someone or just tracking my high run progress.

I've introduced to to others and they have asked if it will be offered on Android devices. Will other devices be supported?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Speaking of which our very own Gene Mann (baygene) used the app to score a few games at the worlds.

I wonder if he saved the results and if he could share them with us so we can see how we stack up against some tough competition !

At least if he can share how the app held up in some serious competition !

What do ya say Gene?
Steve

arsenius

Silver Member
Thank you!

Thank you for all the kind words in this thread everyone! I haven't been on the forums much lately, but today I noticed a spike in sales. It was actually my biggest day ever (and just enough to buy lunch:grin-square:). I figured there must be a reason, and sure enough, a lot of activity here. That kind of thing makes my day.

For those asking if I will be supporting Android, the answer is no, unfortunately. I'm just a hobby programmer, and I don't have the time to delve into Android at the moment.

Just so everyone knows, I have slowly started working on version 2.0. It will be a pretty big update. But it will be a while yet.

Thanks again,
-Tim