Players Pure X Break Cue Review

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
I purchased a Players Pure X Model HXT-P1 around a month ago. I was looking for a short breaker on a budget. This cue was $195.00 from Nielsen's Billiards (Joerackem)

The first thing I had to overcome was the brand name of Players. I have always considered them to be pretty cheaply made. The price point was attractive though so I went ahead and ordered.

I have to say I am impressed all the way around with the quality of this cue for the money. It looks great, feels great and has the fit and finish of a much higher priced cue. The quality is there.

Being a shorter guy at just above 5'6" I am always choking way up on a full length breaker and with this cue being a four piece I can eliminate one piece creating a 52" break cue.

I am smashing the rack with this configuration with good cue ball control. I absolutely love it!

Another feature I like is the rubberized grip - I was concerned it would either be too spongy or too hard causing discomfort but it is extremely comfortable. The grip allows me to hold the cue loosely and get a good, fast snap yet grips my hand enough to keep it nice and solid with a good transfer of energy to the cue ball.

Jumping is super easy with this cue as well. It gives you three different jump configurations making it very versatile. For a breaker on a budget I give this cue 5 stars.

$_3.JPG

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I purchased a Players Pure X Model HXT-P1 around a month ago. I was looking for a short breaker on a budget. This cue was $195.00 from Nielsen's Billiards (Joerackem)

The first thing I had to overcome was the brand name of Players. I have always considered them to be pretty cheaply made. The price point was attractive though so I went ahead and ordered.

I have to say I am impressed all the way around with the quality of this cue for the money. It looks great, feels great and has the fit and finish of a much higher priced cue. The quality is there.

Being a shorter guy at just above 5'6" I am always choking way up on a full length breaker and with this cue being a four piece I can eliminate one piece creating a 52" break cue.

I am smashing the rack with this configuration with good cue ball control. I absolutely love it!

Another feature I like is the rubberized grip - I was concerned it would either be too spongy or too hard causing discomfort but it is extremely comfortable. The grip allows me to hold the cue loosely and get a good, fast snap yet grips my hand enough to keep it nice and solid with a good transfer of energy to the cue ball.

Jumping is super easy with this cue as well. It gives you three different jump configurations making it very versatile. For a breaker on a budget I give this cue 5 stars.

$_3.JPG

Very good review... I agree.... I love the HTXP1..... Cleared out a spot in my case also...