Wood stabilizer

youngstownkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

I am trying to get started on building, started setting up shop, made a dipping tank, but...it's still empty!

I did a search on here hoping I could find a good discussion on the different wood stabilizers out there. I've head of Nelsonite but it seems that you can't get it anymore. Same with Resolute. The only thing I was able to find online is Pentacryl (sp?) on woodcraft. Is that the way to go these days?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

TC Mabe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask the cuemaker might be a better forum section to get an answer to that one. My research leads me to believe a lot of stabilizing is done with cactus juice and a vacuum pump as a general approach in many woodworking circles. If the stabilized wood has a lot of holes in it, check into Allumilite resin… Good luck and definitely get a more qualified opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuetips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask the cuemaker might be a better forum section to get an answer to that one. My research leads me to believe a lot of stabilizing is done with cactus juice and a vacuum pump as a general approach in many woodworking circles. If the stabilized wood has a lot of holes in it, check into Allumilite resin… Good luck and definitely get a more qualified opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the right way to go. Check out "wood turning Supplies" in Facebook

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums