1 cushion

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome stuff. It's fun to watch something where you don't have a preconceived notion of the patterns, and have to really think fresh to figure them out.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The more i watch that caudron video as i grow as a player
Its more impressive each time

I mean just in the first 10 shots
Hes pushing the 3rd ball to where the 2nd ball is coming back to!

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
The more i watch that caudron video as i grow as a player
Its more impressive each time

I mean just in the first 10 shots
Hes pushing the 3rd ball to where the 2nd ball is coming back to!

Rich; there are 'basic' principles, "Keep the balls close to the corner or the short cushion!" in 1 cushion as in 3C! But, because of the small area the players works in, the slightest miscalculation in speed, stroke, English, can change inning by inning! This is where having STRONG fundamentals come into to play!

Next to 3 cushion, 1 cushion can show off a players knowledge of the principles!

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Its far more a difficult and technical a game than its name implies , something you notice the very first time you try it

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Thanks bob i always wanted to see 3c pros play more small games and never seen tb play any

Blondhall lol!

Man he got them all together in the corner in 2 shots

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Thanks bob i always wanted to see 3c pros play more small games and never seen tb play any

Blondhall lol!

TB is a little awkward at the, 'small games!' But, He is SO cerebral & quick study to adapt! Theses are ALWAYS the signs of TRUE Champions!

His style is not my preferred, but, props are always do when deserved! GREAT player!

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Good match

De bruijn took his focus off at the finish line but played with a 60 average and a high run of 111!

Tb plays 1c like 3c couldn't corral his stroke it seemed but played well from a not so great starting position made some nice creative gathers , what do you expect when its tb other than creativity
Actually gets them gathered in the equalizing inning but on the wrong side fighting each shot and couldn't hold em long

Beautiful play from both

Last edited:

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it might have been Ceulemans that said an American will not win the 3 cushion world championship because they do not master the small games before progressing to 3 cushion.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I think it might have been Ceulemans that said an American will not win the 3 cushion world championship because they do not master the small games before progressing to 3 cushion.

1936 edward l lee
First and last american
According to these

An american won it beforw a belgian

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UMB_World_Three-cushion_Championship

Interesting to see the dutch spanish and french have such an in depth history of achieving success from the beginning

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
ALL the history of Pool & Billiards, which includes all the results of tournaments from 1878-2010 can be found here. Including the World Amateur Championship won by Edward Lee, averaging .860!

While in that same year in the World Professional Championships, Welker Cochran wins the tile, with an average of 1.048 beating Kinrey Matsuyama, who averaged 1.040!

http://charlesursitti.com/?page_id=39

The first appearance of one of my two favorite players, Raymond Ceulemans shows up in the 1961 World Amateur Championship. Coming in 9th out of 12 players averaging .887!

Then returns to that tournament in 1963 and WINS with an avg. of 1.307, AMAZING!

Talk about a quick study!

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
interesting it has 1970 and i dont know how many others indicated as amatuer as well
when ceulemans won vegas in his 10yr reign

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
mr jean paul de brujin is one of the best 1 cushion players in the world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0zcenKZ0n8

he was in the final match in the european championship with caudron, lost a close good match

Frédéric Caudron, silver in three cushion, gold in one cushion: "My ninth title in Europe, my fourth in a row... and it's very hard to beat Jean Paul de Bruijn, because he is also a world class player.''

here is caudrons interview after winning the 1 cushion title
http://www.kozoom.com/en/billiard-carom/video/13928.html