With Winning in Mind
Old
  (#1)
BobN
AzB Silver Member
BobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond reputeBobN has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

With Winning in Mind - 04-24-2018, 06:33 AM

I know that there are some great books dealing with the mental/phsychological aspect of our game, but there is one that, while not well known, is required reading for my "higher than intermediate" students.

With Winning in Mind by Lanny Bassham

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy and have in my billiards library, books like "The Inner Game of Tennis" and "Pleasures of Small Motion", but this book goes beyond those. It actually lays out, IN DETAIL, a regimented program used by higher order athletes to build and reinforce the mental side of their game.

The book is cheap... cheaper than having a tip replaced, or buying a new billiard glove... but it's worth it's weight in gold, IMHO. Cost through Amazon is less than $14... spend that and $2 for a good notebook and you're set.

Ask any athlete or gamesman how much of their game is mental and almost all will say 80% or more... then ask them why they only spend 2% of their time strengthening their Metal Game.

Bob Nunley
CTE Pro One Instructor
PBIA Certified Instructor
Bamboo Fly Rod Maker
http://www.rlnunley.com

Cues: Jerico, Johnson
J/B: Stinger

Old
  (#2)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-24-2018, 07:51 PM

Thanks....never heard of this book. I'm always in learning mode and love to read, especially anything involving the mind/mental part of the game. I just ordered the book!

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: