The "Lee Brett Snooker Drill Challenge" for Pool Practice

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here’s my successful attempt this evening https://youtu.be/9Ci1Zyr0ScM

Very nice clearance there...
I updated the main post list with the new link to your video. Thanks for sharing.

It looks like you tweaked your stance to a more snooker based, hips square to the table...I took that advice and found improvements a few years ago after lessons with Lee Brett. You look very comfortable and balanced in your stance and it shows in your performance on the drill. Well done.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the pool table this drill is not very challenging.

The best part about this drill is players can make it more challenging for themselves by setting requirements...some have gone for the perfect score and gone for only the 7 ball...other variances could be only using the 5 ball, or something crazy difficult like only the 2 ball.

Lee also showed you could line the striped balls in different orders maybe even deeper down the table or in an L pattern on the lower corner.

For me, these are the types of drills that i find most effective, in that I can set limited and try to overcome. Other drills are the progressive drills from the PAT materials where there are endless position drills that in theory can go forever with a highly skilled player.

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the pool table this drill is not very challenging. Nevertheless congrats on the successful attempt!

The thing that did impressed me is your technique. I dont know your skill level but this was one of the best fundamentals I ever saw posted on AZ! Hats off!

Thank you so much! I had some sound help along the way including folks like Randy G, Scott Lee, a local BCA master instructor and more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice clearance there...

I updated the main post list with the new link to your video. Thanks for sharing.

It looks like you tweaked your stance to a more snooker based, hips square to the table...I took that advice and found improvements a few years ago after lessons with Lee Brett. You look very comfortable and balanced in your stance and it shows in your performance on the drill. Well done.

Cool! Thank you! The successful attempt this year I feel is more sound fundamentals wise then previous year’s which, in turn, brings out more confidence. The table I play on is much tougher too! Triple-shimmed pockets

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "Lee Brett Snooker Drill Challenge" for Pool Practice

THE LEE BRETT SNOOKER DRILL CHALLENGE

Set-up:

The 2-7 balls are positioned:

2-4-3 : head string, each a diamond width apart, 4 at center.
5: center table
6: on the spot
7: center table, half diamond from rail.

As far as the setup .... Per a convo I had with Lee Brett after my very first successful attempt (I think it was a yrs ago) ... he said that the 5 ball should be able to be pocketed in either corner pocket closest to the 2 and 3 ... with that said, the 2 and 3 Balls should be a little less than a diamond width apart from the 4 ball .... just fyi

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as the setup .... Per a convo I had with Lee Brett after my very first successful attempt (I think it was a yrs ago) ... he said that the 5 ball should be able to be pocketed in either corner pocket closest to the 2 and 3 ... with that said, the 2 and 3 Balls should be a little less than a diamond width apart from the 4 ball .... just fyi

Yes, you are right.
When photobucket actually worked, I changed up my photos of the table to show the 2 and 3 closer to the 4

Lee pointed that out and I tossed in an edit...but I must have forgot to change the description. Thanks for the catch.