Jay Helfert

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
That list was started because of this situation actually...

All in all I dont really care what you think of me, my debt has been paid and I had no reason to pay it other than because it was the right thing to do...

and I applaud you for doing the right thing. seriously.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for you OP!!!!!

One thing I try not to lose sight of is the people who have stuck their neck out for me and still do. In order to honor them I too try to help when possible. Sometimes I get burned, sometimes I get rewarded. I would love if all the people who I loaned money to just showed up and paid me back double!

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see this kind of responsibility coming through.
As an aside, I work in a stone yard and have found several dinosaur teeth....

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it wasn't the forum; it was just me. :)

go to the action room and see who is listed #1 as bad action.

don't get me wrong; I'm very happy Jay got his $$$. As Jay said, it's never too late to do the right thing.

best,
brian kc

I'm guessing he's #1 because it's in alphabetical order.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
boy there's no quit in this place still i see, so warm and inviting and encouraging.
Person: I just built a church, a school and a shelter
Forum: Hmmm somethings up, no one would make that public without a hidden agenda. It's a Catholic church, why not donate the money, look where he put the school.

I did that, pole barn church with living quarters in one end so I wouldnt have to pay taxes...the school so my 5 year old could go there and the shelter was really just a lean-to so I could park the church/school bus under it :thumbup:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's nice that you're taking care of an old debt; better late than never and all that; but posting about it publicly for all to see smacks of you wanting extra credit for it.

Curious, why not just pm Jay with this good news and keep your biz private?

best,
brian kc

If I remember correctly it was very public when it happened, if so , he has the right to make it public again imo

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
He just sent me $600 on Paypal. Will wonders never cease! I do hope the guy is really doing better in his life now. He was going through some tough times back then as I recall. One thing I've learned, It's never too late to do the right thing!

Excellent news, Good on the OP!

Think I'll have a beer and celebrate this good news.
Jason