Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page School Shooter stopped by cop. Where is CNN?
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-19-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
By showing that the cops stopped this crime, wouldn't that benefit the "only cops need guns" argument?

I think some of you guys are playing speed pool during a 1-P tournament.

Jeff Livingston
Exactly right.

It isn't as if a teacher who carried ended this situation. Or a friendly visitor with his trusty CCW permitted side arm.

Few object to having trained and armed police assigned to school protection. Those arguing against it are mostly those saying it isn't enough, and there should be a lot more guns allowed than those-- the teachers must be armed up, also, they claim.

Here, it proved entirely adequate to handle the situation.

In fact, if media strongly pushed this particular story, I am confident some here would say that is only to falsely argue against their claimed necessity of arming teachers.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#32)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
Exactly right.

It isn't as if a teacher who carried ended this situation. Or a friendly visitor with his trusty CCW permitted side arm.

Few object to having trained and armed police assigned to school protection. Those arguing against it are mostly those saying it isn't enough, and there should be a lot more guns allowed than those-- the teachers must be armed up, also, they claim.

Here, it proved entirely adequate to handle the situation.

In fact, if media strongly pushed this particular story, I am confident some here would say that is only to falsely argue against their claimed necessity of arming teachers.
More stupidity again from the leading state sponsor of psycho babble. Well, where are all the armed resource officers if that was remotely true. I don't see them in the schools. What's stopping the school districts from putting them in place right now?

Oh, that's right, they really don't want it. Just like Chicago really doesn't want to stop the gang crime. Liberal stupidity at it's finest.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Color: Baltic BLUE

NEW - Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#33)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

Yesterday, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybob20 View Post
Got any more leftist pearls of wisdom as more children die? How about answering the original question of why CNN hid this story instead of playing it on prime time.

I can't wait to hear the next leftist weasel words as more children lay dead today.
The original question was not "why CNN his this story instead of playing it on prime time".

OP :

" Where is CNN? "

" Is this not newsworthy? "

" So, maybe the resident libs can explain the lack of news reporting on a school shooting ? "

I simply pointed out that CNN did cover the story. That they did not put it on the TV channel when RJ was watching is something you'd have to take up with them.

As far as the whole situation with children being killed, I believe that more effort into mental health care and some form of "immunization" to make people better able to cope with our information / disinformation age is about the best we can do. I certainly am not for "banning guns".

Oh ya, I am not that much of a liberal. I am quite fiscally conservative. Of course my Canadian community culture is often seen as being fairly liberal from a US viewpoint.

Dave

Can't fix stupid, you're on your own.

Old
  (#34)
chevybob20
AzB Silver Member
chevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond reputechevybob20 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 300

Yesterday, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
The original question was not "why CNN his this story instead of playing it on prime time".

OP :

" Where is CNN? "

" Is this not newsworthy? "

" So, maybe the resident libs can explain the lack of news reporting on a school shooting ? "

I simply pointed out that CNN did cover the story. That they did not put it on the TV channel when RJ was watching is something you'd have to take up with them.

As far as the whole situation with children being killed, I believe that more effort into mental health care and some form of "immunization" to make people better able to cope with our information / disinformation age is about the best we can do. I certainly am not for "banning guns".

Oh ya, I am not that much of a liberal. I am quite fiscally conservative. Of course my Canadian community culture is often seen as being fairly liberal from a US viewpoint.

Dave
The original point still stands. CNN buried this story.

Old
  (#35)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Ok, in Dixon, IL, about 40 miles west of my home, a school shooter with a rifle to shot at kids doing a graduation rehearsal. Sever shots were fired inside the building.

The assigned HS Resource Office didn't cower in his office, or sit by his car waiting for back up. He went towards the sound, located the shooter, and neutralized him with a well placed shot from his hand gun. The 19 year old moron was wounded and now in custody on $2M bond.

Suspect stole mom's rifle, and he was upset because a few kids were making fun of him and harassing him and he was recently kicked off the football team for smoking weed. poor baby, life is so tough for teenagers, huh?

Yet, guns in school worked. Lives, maybe dozen or more were saved. Is this not newsworthy?

Heck, I'm as hard as anyone on cops and the bad stuff they do. But, when they do great stuff, I'll be damned if I won't give them the credit for it.

So, maybe the resident libs can explain the lack of news reporting on a school shooting ?
Where is CNN.... they’re looking for the negative side of anything/everything.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
And I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#36)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
Where is CNN.... they’re looking for the negative side of anything/everything.
I mean, has the hero from Dixon been interviewed? Why would CNN NOT want to interview the guy who stopped a mass shooting ? Seems just a little odd, but then again, CNN just like the resident liberal morons don't even attack such groups like ANTIFA, and defend MS13. You can't make shit up this stupid.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

NEW - Chernobyl GREEN

Old
  (#37)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Yesterday, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
I mean, has the hero from Dixon been interviewed? Why would CNN NOT want to interview the guy who stopped a mass shooting ? Seems just a little odd, but then again, CNN just like the resident liberal morons don't even attack such groups like ANTIFA, and defend MS13. You can't make shit up this stupid.
Is CNN losing viewers of their Fake News?

dumluk

Old
  (#38)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMas View Post
Yes.

I read of an very recent airport incident where the tv was off in the waiting area and someone said, Should I turn it on? and the replies were, Not if it's CNN, followed by laughter.

Another reason this story isn't so prominent, imho, is that people are somewhat insensitive to such shootings as those seem to be more frequent than usual, so the networks spew something else that pays better.

My first guess is that they were ordered to broadcast only what they are told to and never disOBEY their masters in govt.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#39)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMas View Post
That's word on the street. CNN was rated as the least trust worthy news program on TV. I don't think that is a trophy they will put up at CNN anywhere soon

NEW - Chernobyl GREEN

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: