Please explain why kamui chalk is a "scam"

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CLEARY,

so you believe that you could not shoot as well without this chalk?

SLIM

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Cleary, with all due respect, that diagram is bogus. THAT is definitely nothing more than a marketing ploy. Where your tip ends up after your stroke is totally dependent on your stroke, not what type of chalk you use. If you don't end up straight, you have a flaw in your stroke, period.

Neil, you're entitled to your opinion but I'll agree to disagree. But that is my story and Im sticking to it.

theeviltwin69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the offer,but I cant do it tonight.Maybe we could hook up some other time,you SIR have peaked my interest in this product.But as far as spending 30 for a cube I can't do it!Do you remember when MOORI tips where 50,I couldn't do it then either.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Thanks for the offer,but I cant do it tonight.Maybe we could hook up some other time,you SIR have peaked my interest in this product.But as far as spending 30 for a cube I can't do it!Do you remember when MOORI tips where 50,I couldn't do it then either.

Just let me know, the offer is on the table.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Thought you would.:D Bottom line is- whether directly, or indirectly, you using that chalk improved your game. So..... for YOU, it was worth the money.

Exactly, that's all I care about. For me, it's not a scam at all. People that were spotting me the 7ball are not wanting to play even. To me, thats a big difference in a short amount of time.

smahalko

Hammer Time!
Silver Member
Sounds like an expensive placebo to me...but, if it works for someone, I have no problem with them spending that
kind of money for it ( I'm not going to without giving it a few trys, but that's just me ).

So where is the argument? lol Are people really getting upset with someone spending their own money on something
they want to buy? Haters' love to hate!

SeanC

needs practice...
Silver Member
I will do an unbiased test if somebody sends me their used chalk. I will even ship it back after the test. Heck, I'll even buy a cube for myself if I like it.

But, $30 is too much for a lot of folks out there just to "try" it out. This is not like the case when people started using Kamui, Moori or any other quality tips out there. It was easy: Your friend would let you hit a few with his stick and you had your proof. Anything better than your inconsistent tip would make you switch.

Chalk is not like that, and that's why it shouldn't cost that much right of the bat. If it is that good, it will find its own price, and eventually replace Masters, BD. etc. Perhaps it will cost a lot more than $30, maybe a lot less. Kamui doesn't play it like that, and the main reason why they are being criticized in the first place. IMO...

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui Chalk Is Not A Scam....It's Just Overrated

I tried the Kamui chalk for an evening of playsince my buddy let me try it. The chalk is different than others.....I staryed playing with Blue diamond 2 years ago and have stayed with this chalk. But if there's better version, I just wanted toto find out for myself.

Bottomline....Kamui is a nice chalk to use,,,if it were priced a whole lot lower. No difference in play from my Blue Diamond chalk. I estianmte one piece of Blue Diamond lasts me about 4-5 months and I get in about 15-20hours of play weekly. Ido not drill the chalk when applying it.....I swipe or brush the chalk across the tip and make sure it's uniformly applied.

I swiped the Kamui chalk less frequently when I used it but frankly, it didn't perform one bit better than Blue Diamond chalk and unless one piece lasts two years, Blue Diamondchalk is much more cost effective and it plays just as well.

Hey....if Willie had used Kamui chalk instead of Masters back when he ran 526 balls, his run might have reached.....uh....527 balls.....DUH? It's always going to come down to the player....Kamui or Blue Diamond isn't going to improve your game one bit....unless you're just plain absent-minded and tend to neglect chalking your cue tip. It's a question of knowledge, skills, application and "Practice".

In my opinion, Kamui is not a scam....just a terribly over-priced piece of chalk that does not help you play any better or for that matter, save you any money. But if it makes your ego feel better, or you actually believe in the "placebo" story that Kamui helps you play a better pool game, then good for you.....whatever makes you feel better about yourself or your pool game....go for it.

Just don't believe this myth too much that you let your mouth place a wager your ass can't cover....your game doesn't improve because of the chalk you use. Any chalk will suffice when properly used and applied.

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
I'll make all you Kamui chalk users a bet. I use and sell Balabushka chalk it is made by the same people that make Blue Diamond. Here's my bet, try a box...if you don't think it performs as well as Kamui, just send the chalk back to me and I'll refund your money! No questions asked! Here's the link: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=271528
Oh, it's only $10.99 (shipped) for a box of 3. However, if you think you need to pay $27/cube to get premium performance, I will certainly accept your generous donations!

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Relative to the average income of a laborer, chalk has never been so cheap.
Try buying the ingredients and making a few cubes of chalk.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Sounds like an expensive placebo to me...but, if it works for someone, I have no problem with them spending that
kind of money for it ( I'm not going to without giving it a few trys, but that's just me ).

Things I buy on a regular basis that cost more than kamui chalk and doesnt last as long:

-A tank of gas
-dinner
-bar tab
-parking in manhattan while I work
-a glass of good scotch
-sporting event tickets
-a massage
-the happy ending (kidding)

The list can go on and on.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I will say this, Kamui 1.21 does not grab as well and (for me) does not play as well. I do not make the same shots, as consistently, as I do with .98

For whatever that's worth...

SeanC

needs practice...
Silver Member
...and yet they whine if someone doesn't want to play $20/rack games... :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid they might spend 30 whole dollars...

Sounds like you have personal issues with some people who doesn't wanna play you. Take it out on them, not here ;)

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Sounds like you have personal issues with some people who doesn't wanna play you. Take it out on them, not here ;)

Well it's just funny. Everyone makes $30 sound like they are buying a sports car. It's cheaper than a tank of gas...

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member

Lol, has nothing to do with you, I just used your post as a quote. I'll always have a problem with people who are too cheap to support pool but always complain there's not enough stuff/action/payouts etc around. Might as well shoot yourself in the foot and get mad at the bullets.