elk master tip install help

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe this entire sub forum should be shut down and replaced with google?

Then you can put up a site with comments and folks can find you by googling "cranky old man, get off my lawn".

JC

Or, it could just be understood that I was actually trying to help the guy. He chose to respond as he did for having to copy and paste the search string that I provided into google instead of having an instant answer.

Then you posting your reply........ I guess I can only say...... Way to pick a cause...... :thumbup:

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can buy the things for about $3.00 from AZ member "pooldawg8". It's a soaked and pressed Elkmaster tip and there are no better tips anywhwere regardless of cost !!!

For sure the best, I have tried them all.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Message Pooldawg8 , or what i do is press Elks for a few min and that works great for me

a few mins only?

no milk job? or pressing till dry?

are they still soft tips or does the pressing make them more like a medium ,

i got them because wanted to try a different soft tip

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
Few min only ,in my experience pressing helps wen u cut tip ... best thing to do fr me is trial n error ,just expirement....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
my fixture did what i needed it to

hope now the tip is worth the effort

1z4gvnb.jpg

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Router mount

Where did you get the router mount?

I'm going to have to try me one of these milkdud things. I've never even heard of them until I joined AZB,

That mounting bracket is from DECO cues.

Cutting Elk master tips your tool post cutting tool need to be razor sharp.
I use a router to trim all my tips now,

Last edited:

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
i have installed a number of box's over the years. They are easy to install like any tip,with elk master's you simply have to have super sharp tooling to cut them and go slow. super sharp is key because they are are soft and fibrous they tend to push off otherwise.

ddcuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I press them all as soon as I get them in. They cut much better after. a little bit of a pain but it works.