upa self seving enterprise?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Just curious what anyone thinks about the upa (Frank alvarez's tour) should be allowed to advertise when they cannot afford to pay the players nor have any real concern for their finacial well being. I am not sure what seving means but I am sure in Frank's case it is not a positive thing.:)

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Those organizational problems can be fixed. Sign up and help run the organization the way you think it should be done.

Most people have time to complain even fewer have time to get educated and fix things.

A popular example is Tiger Woods taking a break from pro golf to develop his marriage.

As for the payment of players there usually is a great explanation. I think it could be something like recession, taxes, bills or something I wouldn't understand. And at the end of the explanation it should be clear that I was not thinking correctly about what the problem was.

Last edited:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
A popular example is Tiger Woods taking a break from pro golf to develop his marriage.

I think it is more akin to how pizza is so much better in Italy then America, something to do with the amount of topings.

justnum

Silver Member
I think it is more akin to how pizza is so much better in Italy then America, something to do with the amount of topings.

Eating anything in a country I am not from sounds like a vacation. I agree pizza on vacation in another country is so much better. Unfortunately that is not my current reality.

The current reality is a player is discussing dislikes with a pro organization. And I was discussing how he might not be the only victim. The organization could be a victim of improper training in financial management.

Its common for someone to say that they can do something. And later on find out they do not know how to fix problems that happen along the way.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dunno, C. I always feel comfortable with your posts, to the point that you may as well be typing for me. THis time though, I think you may have misfired.

When you make it to the right coast let me know. I have a buddy with a restaurant in Richmond, VA and he is a semi-famous chef with som mad ass food skills. One of his menu items is a pizza with yellowfin tuna, thinly sliced red onion, capers and light on the sauce. It is possibly the best food I have ever eaten...along with his roast pork sandwich, proscuitto and mozzerella sammich, lasagna, burritos...uhhhh...so hongry.

Seriously and on topic though, I think we all realize that the UPA is merely a vehicle to take care of itself. Not that there is anything wrong with that in and of itself, only when others are taken advantage of, does it become evil. I think we have all borne witness to the UPA wronging the players, employees and bothe spectators and guests. They'll never get a penny out of me.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Well pizza lovers

I am sure that you like pizza and yes it makes u fat, I understand your all just trying to show how meaningless u think my post is but I will ask the question again. Does Frank Alvarez have the right to try and sell his marketing franchise junk on this forum when he owes $ to the players. If I were him and I had run it into the ground as much as he has I would want to sell it also.

I think it's clear now how Frank supports himself going from one event to the next, he takes the $ from the players that are owed and tries to chalk his cue with the leather end instead of the rubber bumber. I apolagize for the ranting and raving I just feel that if I saw Frank I would not want to be held responsable for what might happen and he ouweighs me by 100 pounds of fat. So Frank if you read this I would like to challenge you to that POKER,PAIN, and POOL that Blain is involved in. If your interested then please pm me or just stay hidden in the shadows hah ha ha upa what a joke. Well at least the women have the WPBA, which IS a legitamate tour.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think you are wrong for holding a grudge, but at some point it just becomes poison to the one who carries it. Thousands of us know what happened and that it was wrong and that UPA has chosen to arrogantly refuse to live up to its own mission. Fuk 'em. Your situation is likely a huge factor in why it is damn near a failure.

Not that that gets anything for you, but we know what turds look and smell like

Celtic

Silver Member
I dunno, C. I always feel comfortable with your posts, to the point that you may as well be typing for me. THis time though, I think you may have misfired.

When you make it to the right coast let me know. I have a buddy with a restaurant in Richmond, VA and he is a semi-famous chef with som mad ass food skills. One of his menu items is a pizza with yellowfin tuna, thinly sliced red onion, capers and light on the sauce.

Ahh, you remind me of the Smoked Salmon "pizza" at Spago in the Forum Shops in Caesars, it is a remarkable creation with smoked salmon, dill cream sauce, red onion, and a small amount of caviar on each slice. Cannot remember if he put capers on it, I would think it has them too although I am not positive.

You buddy has a customer if I ever make it that way, that "pizza" (I use the term loosly because IMO these types of dishes transcend pizza) sounds amazing.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh, you remind me of the Smoked Salmon "pizza" at Spago in the Forum Shops in Caesars, it is a remarkable creation with smoked salmon, dill cream sauce, red onion, and a small amount of caviar on each slice. Cannot remember if he put capers on it, I would think it has them too although I am not positive.

You buddy has a customer if I ever make it that way, that "pizza" (I use the term loosly because IMO these types of dishes transcend pizza) sounds amazing.

'Love to have ya'!

Celtic

Silver Member
I am sure that you like pizza and yes it makes u fat, I understand your all just trying to show how meaningless u think my post is.

My post was aimed at the guy who posted the first response in the thread and how "not" similar Tiger's situation is to what you were talking about. That is why I quoted him and then responded to him. I find it laughable with the past you have had with the UPA that a person would even dream that the UPA would welcome you into their organization to "help out". Comical thought.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
My post was aimed at the guy who posted the first response in the thread and how "not" similar Tiger's situation is to what you were talking about. That is why I quoted him and then responded to him. I find it laughable with the past you have had with the UPA that a person would even dream that the UPA would welcome you into their organization to "help out". Comical thought.

I find your lack of respect for a fellow pool player to be amusing also your pool game is probably real amusing as well. My comment was aimed at why the upa is allowed to advertise on here, I never wanted to nor asked to be on board of the upa or help out (wake up celtic.) I can see that your a bit of instigator thinking it's funny the state of men's pool, your probably not a good player or you might understand. I will leave u alone Celtic as I see that you might possibly be more bored than that of myself. You may respond but I won't acknowledge your opinion.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Actually

5-6 years ago, when the UPA was in need of help, I emailed them and offered my help. I have had experience, played for more than 40 years, have multiple college degrees, and a world of good business experience.

Mr. Alvarez did email me back, treated me like dirt, like he was wasting his time replying to me, and like the UPA was on the way to world domination.

Needless to say, my impression of Frank Alvarez is not a very good one. Here the UPA is 5-6 years later, and in worse shape than when I first offered my assistance.

It's too bad, because I do know a thing or two about Pool, and about Business.

Josh Palmer

I'll take the 6 :)
Silver Member
I find your lack of respect for a fellow pool player to be amusing also your pool game is probably real amusing as well. My comment was aimed at why the upa is allowed to advertise on here, I never wanted to nor asked to be on board of the upa or help out (wake up celtic.) I can see that your a bit of instigator thinking it's funny the state of men's pool, your probably not a good player or you might understand. I will leave u alone Celtic as I see that you might possibly be more bored than that of myself. You may respond but I won't acknowledge your opinion.

Well unfortunately, there are no morality moderators who decide what is right and wrong- What is good for pool, and what is not. Mark Griffin is good for pool. Greg Sullivan is good for pool. etc,.... Both are in 'the business'... but both care about pool players. Frank obviously does not. I'm sorry that you had to be on the receiving end of a bad deal Danny. Something that you are so great at, that you have spent your whole life cultivating, and then to be sh1t on.... Terrible. I can understand your frustration.

I'd just like to see Mark come up with a tour for you guys that rivals the UPA... I think he's the right man for the job.

Celtic

Silver Member

You might want to reread my posts closer. I was actually taking your side in matters and showing you nothing but respect and you seemed to miss it.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I apolagize for the ranting and raving I just feel that if I saw Frank I would not want to be held responsable for what might happen and he ouweighs me by 100 pounds of fat. So Frank if you read this I would like to challenge you to that POKER,PAIN, and POOL that Blain is involved in..

What a stupid post. Why do you always want to fight people and start drama? Grow up.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
sorry Celtic

I apolagize to Celtic I did read your post too quickly, your entireley right Celtic I want nothing to do with the upa, I will live and learn on who I go into business with. I only hope for a brighter future for tomorrows pro pool player. the first thing Frank did when he was elected leading Rep. for the upa was change the rules. I do think Frank's mission was not to help pool as much as it was just to be in charge and tell people what to do and how to dress. I have seen other promoters in the past question a certain players wardrobe and ask them to change into a more professional attire.

It is a poor job to try and tell the players how to dress when were all playing for such a low monetary reward, Frank actually enjoyed the job of telling people what to wear. I can see it in certain people and poor Frank had this written all over him, I guess he saw I was in dress code so he found another way of harrassing one of the players. Again I apolagize to Celtic, I just really did not like Frank's lack of humility as I was TRYING to compete on his tour. Please remember again if you compete on Frank's tour that you might sit in court and wait to get paid but Frank will be there hounding you from tournament to"" about some ignorant fee so he can feel better about himself in some twisted way.

I will be watching for real promoters of pocket billiards, I have heard that Mark Griffin might do well from many people which sounds optimistic. There is some new buz about team New Guard which I look forward to see prosper, but as far as Frank Alvarez's tour it's a joke that u will not find funny so pay your upa dues and become a upa pro at your own risk.

justnum

Silver Member
If you can't get someone else to do it then do it yourself.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
How many names do you have justnumb

If you can't get someone else to do it then do it yourself.

It seems justnum is also easy - e, there are many lurkers or trolls as they may call themselves. I do not have seperate accounts and my name is as it states, I am not hiding from anyone so Frank if you know the right people then send em'. Or we can talk about this with other people present either way your to be pitied Frank and so is anyone on the upa cause it will end up face down. The PBT and Camel Tour were much better than Frank's regime phony tour I promise yall that.

justnum

Silver Member
Your not the only person to lose money on a bad deal.

There are lots of ways to look at what happen. I have dealt with bad deals before.

This is an issue I relate to which is why I post. I can't relate to being a prize-winning pool player. I can't relate to traveling days by car for pool matches with little reward. I can't relate to how angry you are.

I can relate to being upset over a bad deal. I can relate in knowing that some people are above the law.

You mentioned something about a bad deal I tried to provide an audience to develop some of your ideas. That was all that happen. I tried to discuss the topic because maybe you will have better ideas than the ones I had in the past. And maybe the results will be better.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I have only one account and am not lurking in the shadows

It's funny how I use my name and am not afraid to do so when speaking my opinion, maybe I don't understand how all of this works but it seems some trolls are extremely evasive having more than one account will help them however with their split personality I would assume. I understand now that some of these so called pro tours ie the upa are nothing more than some poor form of organized crime. By posting my name and such I leave myself open for someone to put a hit out on me from these organized crime type of people. I live in Spfd, MO and am not hiding from any one, including Frank Alvarez (if he ever decides to be a man and discuss this matter with me.)

I hope for the younger generations sake that they would never have to endure what I had to with this so called pro tour named the upa. Ohh and Frank when the ships starts to sink don't bail out 'talkin bout' upa franchise for sale, go down with pride and stay with your vessel.

Last edited: