Alex Pagulayan cue?

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like to know what cue Alex is useing? I know he is sponsered by Mezz. He might break with a Mezz but last week end his playing cue looked like a new schon. I searched here some say cx-16 schon with 314 shaft. One said stl-9 schon with a 314 shaft other R-12 butt with the 314 shaft. All I could tell it sure looked new an a schon. Please what butt an what shaft?

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
He was using his R-12 with 314 shaft at the "Clash of the Titans" this past weekend.

Kurida

Registered
I know Alex personally, I saw him play only in you tube but It looked to me that he is definitely using a SCHON Im not sure if it is his R12 or CX16(he got this cue from me). The shaft doesn't look like a predator because the ferrule is quite long. Shaft looked new and thick. It must be a MEZZ HPII. Im pretty sure he knows this combination of butt and shaft truly works for him. He can't use predator because he is still I believe sponsored by Mezz.

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your info Kurida. Just when ever on the stream they will say Alex is using a schon with so an so shaft. They never say what model butt. I know in watching Alex play the cue looked new. I supose he had the R-12 refinished.

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard on a stream once that Alex switches cues back and forth depending on the table he is playing on. Why, I don't know.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex needs to retire that cue he is playing with because yesterday Darren Appleton beat him 9-0 in seminole pro tour event.

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when he played at hard times during the Swanee tournament he was using a schon I'm guessing the R12 to play and another schon to break with.
At the 10 ball tournament he had both schons and he was using his mezz, the final match he was playing with the mezz cue

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, Vagabonb sounds like Alex might be ready to get rid of that old R-12. Someone tell him to pm me. :smile:

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
I saw him at the seminole stop at snookers 2 weeks ago. He was gambling with Mike Dechaine. He was using a Schon with a Mezz shaft (I know this because I asked him and he showed me). I'm just not sure which Mezz shaft it was. It definately wasn't a predator shaft.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw him at the seminole stop at snookers 2 weeks ago. He was gambling with Mike Dechaine. He was using a Schon with a Mezz shaft (I know this because I asked him and he showed me). I'm just not sure which Mezz shaft it was. It definately wasn't a predator shaft.

Do you know what shaft it was?

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he uses mezz wd 700 and HP2. He switches back and forth

Really? I wonder if he modifies the taper on them any. I know he could play with a broom stick all day long, but I'm still surprised a little bit by the switch he made. I don't think its just sponsorship alone because Mezz even has a line of cues that come with 314-2 shafts.

I've played a lot with the WD700, and has become my main shaft, it is pretty darn close to the 314 (which I grew up playing with), but with way more feel. Mezz shafts definitely are a much higher quality product (wood used, ferrule, etc) which keeps them attractive to me. But whenever I pick up a 314/314-2 I can still do things completely second nature that I can't with the WD700/HPII. I've only played with a HPII for a day and a harder tip than I'm used to. Maybe it's just a mental thing...idk :(

Last edited:

plfrg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played a lot with the WD700, and has become my main shaft, it is pretty darn close to the 314 (which I grew up playing with), but with way more feel. Mezz shafts definitely are a much higher quality product (wood used, ferrule, etc) which keeps them attractive to me. But whenever I pick up a 314/314-2 I can still do things completely second nature that I can't with the WD700/HPII. I've only played with a HPII for a day and a harder tip than I'm used to. Maybe it's just a mental thing...idk :(

What could you do with a 314 second nature that you can't or had difficulty with the WD700? I'm considering getting a Mezz with the WD700. I've been using a 314 for several years now but thinking of making a change.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz WD700 feels nice but 314^2 is better in LD department.
I switch between the 2 but lately have been going more with the predator.
I find predator more predictable and Mezz more alive.