Case repair

MightyCustomCue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a It's George case that requires repair. 2 rivets for the shoulder strap need replacement. Any suggestions on how or who?
aty3y6a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have a It's George case that requires repair. 2 rivets for the shoulder strap need replacement. Any suggestions on how or who?
aty3y6a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a very difficult repair. I know how but I can't tell you who would do it. We could but it would need to be done in my shop and that will cost a couple hundred.

Basically you have to either remove the liner and go from the top or you need to remove the liner and the bottom and go from the bottom. But the liner and the cap are glued in with epoxy so it's very difficult to remove them without breaking the cap or the body.

My suggestion to get a working case would be to simply make a leather strap that fits across the bottom which the shoulder strap is then attached to. That won't be the prettiest fix but it will work.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Actually I have a couple ideas of how to repair it without taking it apart. I think I could fix it so that the appearance would be close to original and it would be a strong repair.

I would try to do it with lace threaded through the existing holes and if that wasn't strong enough I would drill two additional holes to lace through. I would use curved needles to thread the lace.

If you drill use something to push the fabric AWAY from the interior wall first through the existing holes otherwise your drill bit will likely catch the fabric and bind up. This isn't something you want to happen trust me.

mode101

Registered
Would this type of repair be considered 'Under Warranty' by any of the custom case makers? Like JBCases, Chuck Fields, Jack Justis, etc etc ?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Would this type of repair be considered 'Under Warranty' by any of the custom case makers? Like JBCases, Chuck Fields, Jack Justis, etc etc ?

If it happened to our case and was not user abuse then it would be covered. This case however is an It's George and they are unlikely to be wanting to repair cases that are that old. I don't even know if It's George is actually in business at this time, seems they come and go frequently.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

From the looks of it, it would be covered as it was a material failure.
That said, of the names you listed, none of us would attach a strap this way in the first place.
Chuck

wendyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have 3 of them that have to same problem, did you find a way to fix it?
thanks!