WTH is going on around here?!?!?!

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
So I have been abscent from AZB for several months, as my main time to peruse the forums was at work, and I was in a job role that did not allow me to do so.

Well, I just got a new job, and now have the ability to check in between meetings again, and I just spent some time looking through the areas that I often used to frequent.

Main Forum
For Sale
Cue and Case Gallery
Ask the cuemaker

What the heck happened to AZB in the last 6 months... there is NOTHING worth reading.

The main forum is either people complaining that "the Hustlers" is fake and sucks, CJ trying to sell some new idea, or some other stupid crap. What happened to the witty banter, the real information sharing, the brotherhood...

The for sale section is the same 9 people over and over and over... Has it become a home to flippers and dealers? Is no one sharing the love of their cues and trading onesies and twosies any more?

Cue and Case Gallery- No longer, I got a new player and am stoked. Now it's look at how much much I spent on this...

Ask the cuemaker- DEAD... super DEAD. No real Convo even going on.

I am so sad.... I want my AZB back!!! NOW!!!

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have been abscent from AZB for several months, as my main time to peruse the forums was at work, and I was in a job role that did not allow me to do so.

Well, I just got a new job, and now have the ability to check in between meetings again, and I just spent some time looking through the areas that I often used to frequent.

Main Forum
For Sale
Cue and Case Gallery
Ask the cuemaker

What the heck happened to AZB in the last 6 months... there is NOTHING worth reading.

The main forum is either people complaining that "the Hustlers" is fake and sucks, CJ trying to sell some new idea, or some other stupid crap. What happened to the witty banter, the real information sharing, the brotherhood...

The for sale section is the same 9 people over and over and over... Has it become a home to flippers and dealers? Is no one sharing the love of their cues and trading onesies and twosies any more?

Cue and Case Gallery- No longer, I got a new player and am stoked. Now it's look at how much much I spent on this...

Stop reading and get back to work. I hope you are not an Air traffic controller.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I thought it was gonna be a post with suicidal tendencies you cant bring me down video

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member

Main Forum
For Sale
Cue and Case Gallery
Ask the cuemaker

I was out for nearly a year, and now am mostly on FB. This place use to be really awesome, atleast I thought so...

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we already talked about anything that can be talked about.

Didn't some scientist say back in the late 1800s that anything that can be invented already has been, or maybe all the discoveries that can be made have been?

All the tips are made, all the shafts have been low deflected, all the lessons have been taught, all the shots have been made.

I'm going to take a nap now.

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
Welcome back buddy! Big change in just a few months, huh?

So what's the new player look like and who made it? I know you were in the process of selling your 8 pt Schmelke last time you were around.

I got the Horn fixed and I'm back to playing with it again after a few years of it sitting in a case. Big thanks to Josh Treadway. The work he did on it is flawless.

Anyway I hope you stick around buddy. Seems a lot of people are either leaving or just not posting anymore. :frown:

Thanks Jesse!

In all honesty, I decided it was time for a clean slate. The new player is a plain old lucasi cue. All black, no points, nothing special. I got two shafts for it (non-ld), and put my tip of choice on (UltraSkin HH), and have really enjoyed playing with a cue that I don't mind getting knocked over at a tournament.

I decided that if I decide to have another custome cue it is either going to be a "fany sneaky" (probably made by SLY, since he lives about 1.5 miles from my house now LOL), or I will get a Lambros plain jane with extension, but as of right now, I am totally happy with my Lucasi.
It doesn't bring any undue attention, and plays great!

ron3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No buyers on the forsale side.same sellers selling the same cues. Not much trading. I have a couple cues and cannot ever get a low ball offer. Except for that all is well.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Main Forum
For Sale
Cue and Case Gallery
Ask the cuemaker

Aw jeez...you're back?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was out for nearly a year, and now am mostly on FB. This place use to be really awesome, atleast I thought so...

lol. What is that? The third or fourth time (at least) you've reminded everyone you were been gone for a year?

We got it.

Lou Figueroa

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we already talked about anything that can be talked about.

Didn't some scientist say back in the late 1800s that anything that can be invented already has been, or maybe all the discoveries that can be made have been?

All the tips are made, all the shafts have been low deflected, all the lessons have been taught, all the shots have been made.

I'm going to take a nap now.

without Goggling it I seem to remember that the head of the U.S patent office said that it should be shut down because everything that could be invented has been invented. This was 1898.
And yes AZB has been very boring since the end of the Great China Cue Stick War with John Barton.
John does have different ideas but he is very entertaining.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's wrong with the Forum versus how it operated a year ago?

Obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion but truth be told, the new Forum is boring, uninformative, and seemingly mindless at times.

Let's start with what a Forum is supposed to be.......This is not the mission statement of Az......just a definition.

1a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
b : a public meeting place for open discussion
c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
2: a judicial body or assembly : court
3a: public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion
b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

Say what you will about the old Forum with all of its shortcomings, but there were personalities involved.....love 'em or hate 'em,
lively discussions ensued, people learned more about pool cues, opinions were shared, it seems like a better variety of cues were
being listed too.....for me, that meant more higher end cues, and the sale threads were ruthlessly being over-bumped but it was a
lot better than what emerged.......I still display the Gold Membership slogan but haven't renewed......I can't see paying for a Gold
membership now...despite that I was previously a Gold Member.......when the Forum has gone in the wrong direction...."downhill".

The Forum has the duldrums.......it is going to become less and less significant....it's not too late but in another year or two, people are
going to defect.....it's already happened.......I probably would have as well but I'm not a social media type guy......Facebook.......the
closest I come to that is when I read.....duh? I wouldn't be able to read it if I wasn't facing the book......catch my drift?

Matt B.

Last edited:

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure if it's that AZ is not as good or whether folks have just debated and discussed the same things over and over to death without seeing change? :dead horse:

Don't worry be happy :thumbup:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Maybe it's bc there's the same old folk who frequent the forum and have nothing to talk about. And the new ones ask questions that have been answered 10 thousand times and people are just not into talking about it anymore. Not a knock on either. It's just the nature of the forum. And the hustlers it's new and refreshing, when was the last time you talked about a pool based tv show? And maybe you all need to stop complaining about what others aren't doing to entertain you and actually contribute something of substance that isn't complaining. How that sound????

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
9Ball, good to have you back. what we've been missing is some gratuitous sex and violence, all the political talk is giving me gas.
But seriously, just try posting a response in the WFS forum, I dare you