From Rags to Rifleman

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I thought there was some talk about doing a limited edition run. Every so often I'll see a thread asking about the book and to be honest every so often I'll try to find a copy of the book that's not a crazy price, but to no avail. I think the lowest I found just now was $200 and that is a no go.

I was wondering if anyone had one for sale, or even if I could rent it. Considering my previous reads I'd probably have it read and back to you in a week.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here you go under $200

Fs: Rags to rifleman - 10-15-2015, 11:41 AM
FS: I found my copy of Rags to Rifleman. It is in pretty good shape. Very rare and out of print, I have seen this go here for a great deal more.

$gone cash, Payment to be agreed, shipped to you USPS priority, CONUS, no overseas sales or trades.
Attached Images

Add to phil dade's Reputation Report Post

opps, thought I included pictures. I will bump the add I had in the wanted for sale section. My wife put this away and I lost it for years.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally got a hold of one and it was impossible for me to read with the tiny print and long paragraphs. Gave it back in a day and i waited years!

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
holy smokes

I finally got a hold of one and it was impossible for me to read with the tiny print and long paragraphs. Gave it back in a day and i waited years!

This adds to my surprise at the cost of the book; I like Buddy Hall's pool game but I will never buy the book at THAT price.....I have lots of pool books, but that is one I will pass on....unless I see it at a library.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually read the whole book although it took a while. It's pretty good but you will have to rest your eyes every so often. I've been amazed at the pricing too, about 200 is as low as it gets.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually read the whole book although it took a while. It's pretty good but you will have to rest your eyes every so often. I've been amazed at the pricing too, about 200 is as low as it gets.

That is why I priced mine at gone in the for sale section. I just bumped it today. It is pretty interesting but everyone is right on the small print. The way to read it is plan to read about 20 pages at a time and take it slow.

Last edited:

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want to read about action and who was who in the pecking order of great money players in the 70s thru the 90s, this book gives all the others the Orange Crush!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If you want to read about action and who was who in the pecking order of great money players in the 70s thru the 90s, this book gives all the others the Orange Crush!

...and some funny stuff also...
...his friend is flat on his back under his Winnebago, raises his head to quick...
....CLUNK!!!!.....&@$%#....
...Buddy says "How'd you hit it?"
:rotflmao1:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It looks to me as though different type set was used for the different signatures. It's not only small, it looks odd every 32 pages or so.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone is correct! So why is mine still for sale? Too cheap:eek: My price I mean:thumbup:
GONE

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks to me as though different type set was used for the different signatures. It's not only small, it looks odd every 32 pages or so.

Yeah- There was definitely something odd going on there-One type was less difficult to read than the other but not by much.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tuff read, isn't it?

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep

I wouldn't classify that dump as "artful".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You guys beat me to it; there was no art there.....the only people who didn't see the obvious were people who don't play pool, or those who don't want to see it........

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Someone came through with a loaner. You know who you are and I do really appreciate it.