Muellers restoration - how long?

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious how long your restoration at Muellers took for any of you who sent a cue in. I think I remember them saying ~6 weeks on the phone when I originally called in.

Yeah I know I can call and ask, but honestly I don't want to bother anyone with that. I'm in no rush to get the cue back, but kind of looking for a general idea of what to expect time wise.

Thanks guys.

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Just curious how long your restoration at Muellers took for any of you who sent a cue in. I think I remember them saying ~6 weeks on the phone when I originally called in.

Yeah I know I can call and ask, but honestly I don't want to bother anyone with that. I'm in no rush to get the cue back, but kind of looking for a general idea of what to expect time wise.

Thanks guys.

Just bought my last purchase from them. Took them a week to process order. I had to call to find out why the hell it hadnt shipped. "We've had alot of call offs from our staff being sick." "WHAT??!! You must be kidding!" To top it off, i was charged for shipping. Nearly $15 on a $65 dollar order. When i bought the items, it wouldn't even give you an estimate so i didnt even know about the shipping charge until i received the products. So im stuck, pay the $15 shipping to get my items, or pay the shipping back to return it. Sounds a little bait and switch to me. Ba bye, Mueller's...
Precisely why i USUALLY always only buy from places that only use USPS. shipping would have been $4-5. What a joke

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member

Thanks guys.

4-8 weeks. It's worth the wait. Ryan does great work.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anytime you buy online you should also consider the discount codes available through andy league memberships you have. In many instances those discounts will be more then the cost of membership to th league or group. As example BCAPL or CSI Associate membership is 25 dollars per year but will get you 250 dollars off your purchase of a diamond pool table. I believe Seyberts offers 20 percent off for APA members. Just something to think about. Personally I hate when Items are shipped USPS because it is so slow and the tracking system they use is not very accurate till the day of delivery.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez this really became off topic. I'm having a cue refinished and was wondering how long others waited. Nothing to do with buying, shipping, etc.

Anyways, looking forward to getting this cue back and I'm sure it will look fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
Restorations are tricky and difficult to place an exact time frame, since each cue is different. Right now, I'm swamped with repairs and I am doing the best I can to get them done and done to my standards.

If I missed an email, I am truly sorry. Please resend it and I will try to get it answered.

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
Just bought my last purchase from them. Took them a week to process order. I had to call to find out why the hell it hadnt shipped. "We've had alot of call offs from our staff being sick." "WHAT??!! You must be kidding!" To top it off, i was charged for shipping. Nearly $15 on a $65 dollar order. When i bought the items, it wouldn't even give you an estimate so i didnt even know about the shipping charge until i received the products. So im stuck, pay the $15 shipping to get my items, or pay the shipping back to return it. Sounds a little bait and switch to me. Ba bye, Mueller's...
Precisely why i USUALLY always only buy from places that only use USPS. shipping would have been $4-5. What a joke

If you can give me your customer number or order number, I will look into this and see what I can do. Although it is true that we had some staff members fall ill, that should not be an excuse.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I missed an email, I am truly sorry. Please resend it and I will try to get it answered.

I tell people this all the time!

I had one guy recently tell me he emailed me last summer and I never responded. LOL!

What did I say? Dude, you know how many clients I have and how many hours I work! Email me again! Text me even! I give my number out freely! Blow up my email and my phone if you need or want my attention!

What did he say? Well, I didn't want to bother you. :eek:

What? Seriously? YES, YOU CERTAINLY DID WANT TO "BOTHER" ME. YOU JUST DIDN'T.:rolleyes::wink::smile:

Most likely the reason the guy is so busy is because he does good work and genuinely cares about his customers. If ignoring customers were SOP he wouldn't be so busy. So....email him again. :smile:

OK...I'm done. I need my coffee.....:D:D

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Thanks - that was the kind of reply I was looking for :) All the great comments about Ryan's work is exactly why I sent it there.

A few years back I had a cork wrap installed at the SBE and a friend gave him his old banged up R Black cue to refinished. Ryan had to ship the cue back as he had to do it in his shop. It took a few weeks and the cue turned out better than you think it could be. I don't think my friend expected to see how nice his banged up cue really looked when new.

Just be patient. He isn't sitting around begging for work.

🎱

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Worth the wait, Ryan made me two shafts that are perfect. Best people on earth to deal with.:thumbup:

Veteran68

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll jump on the Ryan mancrush bandwagon. :)

He built me a custom Jacoby Hybrid Edge shaft from a partial, with matching ringwork and turned down to 12mm with the tip I wanted, all at a price that was about the same as a stock off-the-shelf shaft. Turnaround was quick enough, a couple weeks as I recall. I was very pleased and wouldn't hesitate to have Ryan do more work for me.

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
I probably shouldn't have whined about it here. I have project in mind that's been evolving as I learn more about the custom cue market, but what's remained consistent is I'm interested in your stack leather wraps. I'll be in touch when my vision becomes more clear.

No worries. I'm here and always accountable. Although I do not spend as much time on the computer as I used to, I still try very hard to respond to everything within 24 hours.