What kind of chalk do you use?

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of chalk do you use and why? I had used Predator chalk for awhile but switched back to Masters because I found the Predator to messy.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue chalk. Whatever is on the table. When I am playing my PSR is more important than worrying about the chalk I am using.

SamLambert

Daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
I currently use Predator's chalk, but it is indeed very messy. Makes me want to go back to Masters. Predator's chalk applies soooo well though.

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
Currently using Predator. In the beginning was nice because I didn't have to chalk as much as with the Masters. But I find myself chalking every shot, so thinking of going back to masters as I do not see a difference between them when I chalk every shot.

SamLambert

Daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Currently using Predator. In the beginning was nice because I didn't have to chalk as much as with the Masters. But I find myself chalking every shot, so thinking of going back to masters as I do not see a difference between them when I chalk every shot.

Exactly my thoughts.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
I use master chalk because it falls into that weird category just like triangle tips where it works better than items priced much higher. Kind of like water for drinking.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Russian stuff. WAY less dusty than everything short of paying 35BUCKS(!!!!!) for Kamui. MagicChalk is good chalk.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue Master because that is what the poolhall supplies.

But I have tried many and I guess because I chalk a lot, it does not make a difference.

Chalk.jpg

Veteran68

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used to swear by Masters, then used Lava Blue for awhile, but now I'm sold on Magic.

Triangle or PreFlag Masters
Interesting that people still distinguish pre-flag from post-flag when there's zero difference between them.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A piece of drywall for the win!

Seriously though, I only carry two brands of chalk: Masters and Magic. Magic seems to leave more chalk on the CB though and it needs to be cleaned semi-regularly as the hours roll on.