Having My Table Reconditioned

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought my Table about 11 years ago, it's an 8 ft. "Olio" (Chinese Brand). My understanding is that they make Clones of the Brunswick Gold Crowns. I know some of the History of this Table, it was originally in a Room called Pugsley's Library in Dallas off of Walnut Hill in the mid 90's, then when they went out of business it was sold to a Tejano game room in East Dallas, which is where my agent found it for me. That Tejano game room was changing over from a game room to a dance hall so they needed to get rid of the Pool Tables, as such I got a great deal on it $715.00 for Table & Light. I had my guy go and tear it down and bring to my house to install, considering where it had been it was in sad condition, filthy, needed new cloth, etc... we worked all afternoon & evening getting it cleaned up and new cloth installed and when we were done it looked pretty good and played well. See my photos of the Before and After below.

The Table has been covered up for the past 2 - 3 years as I didn't have time to play on it, you know Jobs and Life in general get in the way sometimes, but since I'm sitting at home all the time now I decided to try and get some use out of it again, so about 2 Months ago I uncovered it and started trying to hit a few Balls. Well I found several issues that needed attention, of course first of all it needed leveling, then I knew it was missing a Rail Bolt in the middle of the Foot Rail, so I fixed that, then about 3 weeks ago I replaced the Pockets, (Shout out to Seyberts for the timely Delivery). A Major issue I found with it is that the Foot Rail Cushion is totally Dead and after investigating that issue I found 2 other Rails on their way to being Dead, So I'm having DFW Billiards to replace the Rubber on the Rails and upgrade to Championship Tour Edition Rubber, and also recover the Table with Championship Tour Edition Cloth (This is not an Upgrade as this is what I had installed originally)

Last edited:

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Before Photos From 11 years ago

These are the photos of my Table in the Tejano Pool Room where I got it. You can see how Filthy it was and the crappy Cloth it was covered with. Notice in the Disassembly photo the Very Solid Frame, all real solid wood beams!!! and the 1 inch Slate. it was built to last!!!!

Attachments

• My Pool Table copy.jpg
    My Pool Table copy.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 355
  • My Pool Table 1 copy.jpg
    My Pool Table 1 copy.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 355
  • My Pool Table 2 copy.jpg
    My Pool Table 2 copy.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 355

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The After Installation Photos 11 years ago

Cleaned up pretty well didn't it, looks nice all clean with new Championship Tour Edition Cloth (Sahara Color). Just wish we had done the Rubber on the Rails then, but it needs a recover now anyway so might as well fix the Dead Rails, and any and all other Issues that I have found with it. Get it in brand new playing condition now while I've got it torn down.

Attachments

• DSC00224 copy.JPG
    DSC00224 copy.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 360
  • DSC00227 copy.JPG
    DSC00227 copy.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 362

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Photo now broke down.

Here's a photo of it Now after I had broke down the Rails and side Skirts getting the Rails ready to go off to DFW Billiards for the new Rubber.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 350

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will post more photos of the progress when the Rails are ready and DFW Billiards comes back to put it all back together!! By the way the Tech from DFW Billiards is called Robert "The Mailman" any of you know anything about him? When he was here earlier today he seemed pretty cool and knowledgeable.

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old Cloth

Said Bye Bye to the old cloth today!! Such a shame, it was still in really good condition even after 11 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1 step forward, 2 steps back

Got word yesterday that DFW Billiards had finished replacing the Rubber and Cloth on my Rails. They came this morning to take the old cloth off and level the slate, recover and reassemble. We got to the part of recovering and when they stretched out the new cloth they found a defect in it, so now we're waiting again for them to get a replacement for it!!

1st photo is Star & Robert leveling the slate. Can't see much of Robert as he is down under the table putting in & or adjusting a shim. 2nd photo is the proof this table originally came from Pugsley's Library in Dallas.

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN0645.jpg
    DSCN0645.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of strange you didn’t deal with these issues two or three years ago when your man set the table up for you - missing rail bolts, dead cushion rubbers, etc. Just curious whether he at least informed you at that time of these problems, otherwise the new rail cloth you had installed on the table at that time was just wasted.

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well 1st of all it was 11 years ago. Back then the rails weren't dead or I would have had him replace them then (Should have anyway now that I look back on it). Yes he did inform me of the missing Rail Bolt but we made it be the middle bolt of the foot rail and it really wasn't much of an issue as the other 2 bolts kept the rail tight.

Last edited:

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks nice, thanks for pics.
Simonis tournament blue ?

Nope can't afford Simonis!! It's going to be same as before, Championship Tour Edition, Camel, It's a light tan/brownish color about the same color as the wood of a shaft.

Last edited:

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of strange you didn’t deal with these issues two or three years ago when your man set the table up for you - missing rail bolts, dead cushion rubbers, etc. Just curious whether he at least informed you at that time of these problems, otherwise the new rail cloth you had installed on the table at that time was just wasted.

Well 1st of all it was 11 years ago. Back then the rails weren't dead or I would have had him replace them then (Should have anyway now that I look back on it). Yes he did inform me of the missing Rail Bolt but we made it be the middle bolt of the foot rail and it really wasn't much of an issue as the other 2 bolts kept the rail tight.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, I miss read your original post. I was thinking you said it was two or three years ago, but I just re-checked your post and you did start out saying it was 10–11 years ago you purchased it.