The most I ever spent on a cue...description only...

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used
Ivory Joint
Old (60's-early 70's)
joss block letters
thick veneers
Full Splice
From a Friend
cortland wrap

don't use it much because of thew Carolina/abe rich cues i have.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New 60" Meucci with 2 shafts. Like it. About $1100. Bought 2017. Probably going to keep playing with it the next 10 years at least, like the one before. Which was half the price with one shaft, also Meucci. Got a couple of cheaper ones, too. Which I don't like.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
New
Meucci
Custom
Made precisely to my exact specs
Largest circumference butt Bob makes ( very large hands )
Leather wrap
Black ferrule

Side note: I put the 73 Meucci shaft ( the best shaft I have EVER hit a ball with, hands down ) on the this butt recently and it plays incredibly well. And, as a bonus, for whatever reason, the cue actually appears to be one cue, not a composite of one butt and a separate shaft. The old shaft fits the new butt perfectly, from the viewpoint of aesthetics, as if it was made as one cue.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used
Ivory Joint
Old (60's-early 70's)
joss block letters
thick veneers
Full Splice
From a Friend
cortland wrap

don't use it much because of thew Carolina/abe rich cues i have.

A full splice Joss!?

Any chance we can see that?

whamo

Registered
Slightly used
Purchased from an AZB member
Mezz MSP C
With an additional shaft SS360/2 Tomahawk ferrule

If you see this for sale it's stolen or I'm dead.

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott
Retired
B-16
Walnut
Maple
Rosewood
Moori Original Tip
Cue - Last used in 2009
Now part of a collection with plans to use again
:thumbup:

Last edited:

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New
Dishaw
Ivory Joint, Butt Cap and Inlays
My design
Waited 1 year
$4000
Exactly what I wanted and will never sell! :)

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used - mint condition
4 point - 4 veneer
Ebony into BEM
Ivory joint/hoppe ring
Short splice - white/ green spec linen
No LD for me - standard maple shafts
Added 1 Ivory & 1 Westinghouse Micarta ferrule later
Custom - Rick Howard 2001
Found via AZ ~ (Rig) is a hint
$$$$ - (Grandish)

NOT FOR SALE

Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the opportunity to buy the cue of my dreams, one I never thought I would ever own. It was one of two produced by an A-list cuemaker roughly 15 years ago and was once featured on CueZilla. The cue is a unique design. There is no other cue even slightly similar in design. It has no points,

Then POOF it hit the market. I saw it while searching eBay of all places. I couldn't believe it, but how would I ever afford to buy it. I even contacted the cuemaker who had originally made the cue to express my frustration. He provided the contact info for the seller and after I assembled the funds, we were able to come to terms on a deal.

I pinch myself everytime I take the cue out of it's case. While the cue is technically used, it is in new condition. From the original cuemaker I ordered additional shafts, and custom matching joint protectors, so I could keep the original shafts in unplayed condition.

There is no other cue I would rather own and I can never imagine spending a similar amount of money ever again on a cue.

Backpocket 1500

AzB Active Member
4 point carolina custom, leather wrap, 2 shafts.
$420.00 shipped.
+ $100.00 to repair the damaged handle, + $45.00 parts.
+ $45.00 for new string in place of boar hyde leather wrap.
+ $15.00 shipping to cue repair, + $15.00 return shipping.
+ $2.50 charcoal lighter fluid, + $9.00 bag of charcoal.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue

New
8 Ebony points into Curly Maple
Blackboar
$- a Lot
Ordered right from Tony Scianella

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the opportunity to buy the cue of my dreams, one I never thought I would ever own. It was one of two produced by an A-list cuemaker roughly 15 years ago and was once featured on CueZilla. The cue is a unique design. There is no other cue even slightly similar in design. It has no points,

Then POOF it hit the market. I saw it while searching eBay of all places. I couldn't believe it, but how would I ever afford to buy it. I even contacted the cuemaker who had originally made the cue to express my frustration. He provided the contact info for the seller and after I assembled the funds, we were able to come to terms on a deal.

I pinch myself everytime I take the cue out of it's case. While the cue is technically used, it is in new condition. From the original cuemaker I ordered additional shafts, and custom matching joint protectors, so I could keep the original shafts in unplayed condition.

There is no other cue I would rather own and I can never imagine spending a similar amount of money ever again on a cue.

Beautiful story.

Especially judging from the cues we know you have, it must be a very special cue indeed.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Gave myself a $100 budget to convert a Duffern my brother gave me. Eight years and $25,000 later, I still don't have my own cue to play with.

Larry

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over the past 20 years, I've purchased 2 custom cues, virtually new, both from dealers, both are from very well known but I would not call them great known makers. Both were purchased in the $1,500 to $2,000 range. Neither was purchased to play with, but for investment purposes only. I sold them both within 10-15 years for a modest profit.

As far as a cue purchased for myself to play with, I recently purchased a new cue direct from a dealer, a high end production cue, wrapless plain model with a high end LD shaft - spent $1,200+ with my dealer discount. So far I'm very happy with it, but to some degree it was purchased as an investment as well, knowing I should likely be able to recoup my investment down the road if I decide to sell it.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Mine are being built currently, no idea what the cost will be and it wont matter. Combination of the 2 greatest cuemakers from 2 different era's.
Jason

arraamis

Registered
Interesting thread ....

I learned to play at Cue & Cushion on 15th walnut street and at Mosconi's on 20th Oregon Ave in Philly and would stop playing at times to check out the nice cues guys would come in to play with. A close friend who was teaching me the game would always tell me to ignore the flash and just focus on my game. Fast forward twenty plus years ......

I decided and planned to purchase a BB cue as my final playing cue. No more cue purchases, no shafts or anything, this would be my final purchase. And even though I've owned and sold seven plus Mcdermott cues over the twenty-five years I've played (I kept two Mcdermott's), I wanted a BB as that last cue purchase.

That was the plan .... Until I tried a friends Predator SE (Think it was a cognac no-wrap) with a uni-loc joint and liked the feel so much I decided to go with Predator as my final playing cue. Eventually I grew to dislike the uni-loc and moved to uni-radial for everything except for my two Mcdermotts which are 3/8X10, that I kept from ten years ago.

Bottom line, I ended up buying two brand new Maestro's @well below Predator MAP, and a roadline LE6 and couldn't be happier. The $$$ I would have spent on one BB cue, allowed me to purchase three Predator cues. So essentially, I ended up saving $$$ versus what I was willing to spend on a single BB.

Sorry for the lengthy post. and the deviation

The most I ever spent was on a cue that could be described as:

New
Miki - Predator Maestro's - SE-34 & 35
2015 +/-
Under $2K for each

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used custom....sold it

Curly maple forearm and butt.
8 ebony points...4 up and 4 down ...ending in spears with ivory inlays inside the spears.
Between the ebony points are 8 ivory inlays ending in points with ebony...maple and red veneers
Silver stitch rings at all locations.
Black linen wrap

Oh yea....forgot ...diamond shaped mother of pearl inlays inside of the ivory Inlays

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Gave myself a $100 budget to convert a Duffern my brother gave me. Eight years and $25,000 later, I still don't have my own cue to play with.

Larry

….and I ain't giving you any of YOUR cues back either. :grin:

Maniac (they're my main players)