cue wax

banker123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what will be a good wax to polish the cue butt to it shiny and glossy?

is renaissance wax suitable for use on the butt?

any other products that are good?

thank you

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will need to use some sort of clear coat polishing system. 3M, Mirka etc. all have their own systems.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does the butt have a finish on it? If so, wax is not what you want. You need a finish polishing/ buffing material

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wax

After you follow all the above directions of polishing then you can use Renaissance wax or auto wax. etc

Mario

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Hope I dont make anyone mad about reveling this.

Butchers bowling alley wax.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hope I dont make anyone mad about reveling this.

Butchers bowling alley wax.

Only the people who waste their money on a product that has a strong oder and does not slick a shaft up very good. I tried it three decades ago and cannot believe I still see people using it to save a few bucks over Renaissance or a good cue wax.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Only the people who waste their money on a product that has a strong oder and does not slick a shaft up very good. I tried it three decades ago and cannot believe I still see people using it to save a few bucks over Renaissance or a good cue wax.

Chris, I have Renaissance, Cue wax, Hard Shell Turtle wax, and some others.
Butchers works fine for me and I kinda like the oder of it ... your mileage might differ.
I let any wax dry before buffing.

As far as wasting money goes .... I am a cue maker so that sorta justifies it.
Like buying shaft wood sight unseen and then tossing 25% of it out.
If I was not for the profit I make on cue repair and my fancy pens I could not afford to be a cue maker ... LOL.

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I was not for the profit I make on cue repair and my fancy pens I could not afford to be a cue maker ... LOL.

A lot of people can relate to that. I recently bought about $500 worth of black and white ebony looking for a piece nice enough for a higher end cue. Not going to make much on this cue. :smile:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bowling alley wax

About 10 years ago I bought 2 large cans, I still have 95 percent of the first can. I just cannot make it work for me.