new home cost nuts

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I work for a flooring company.
We were asked to bid on a new model house.
It's a 2 story 805 sq. Ft. modular.
It will sell for $295000
No upgrades offered just a base house not fancy.
This is in the Denver area.
This is insane.

Supply, deamand at work. My Dad had a home in LaJolla, CA he paid $17,500.00 for in 1958, 700 squarefeet.. Same home that sold in 2019 for 2.4 Million, but it was expanded to 1200 squarefeet.

Price nuts you thing check out on the Water in Malibu.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just finishing up a project in the Hollywood Hills ..... we are just over $2K per foot. And to boot they just bought the house next door which is a tear down for $3M...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's $366 per sq. ft. That just doesn't sound correct. Must be located on some pretty expensive real estate as an 805 sq. ft. structure could not have that much value.
Basic house there is around $105/sq.ft. and i mean basic. Hi-end stuff is as high as $450/sq.ft. I agree that sounds like a lot for a 800/sq.ft. house. Must be the weed. ;) I couldn't live there anyway, too many lefty's per square mile for me.

Last edited:

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Few years back I stayed in downtown Denver, crashing at a friend's place. He lived on Wynkoop, across the street from Grand Central Station and you could walk to Coors Field on a nice day. He owned a third floor condo (the building had three floors).

If it were not in poor taste, I'd ask what he paid for it. Looking at the prices in this thread, I'm thinking that may have been a pretty expensive condo.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Few years back I stayed in downtown Denver, crashing at a friend's place. He lived on Wynkoop, across the street from Grand Central Station and you could walk to Coors Field on a nice day. He owned a third floor condo (the building had three floors).

If it were not in poor taste, I'd ask what he paid for it. Looking at the prices in this thread, I'm thinking that may have been a pretty expensive condo.

Apartments in the Union Station area go for $1350+ for a 500 sq. ft. studio. 3 bedroom, $4500+

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Basic house there is around $105/sq.ft. and i mean basic. Hi-end stuff is as high as $450/sq.ft. I agree that sounds like a lot for a 800/sq.ft. house. Must be the weed. ;) I couldn't live there anyway, too many lefty's per square mile for me.

It absolutely is the weed.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just finishing up a project in the Hollywood Hills ..... we are just over $2K per foot. And to boot they just bought the house next door which is a tear down for $3M...

One of the things I miss most about working construction
is getting to see up close how the 1% live.
Some of the homes I have been lucky enough to
work on have been unbelievable.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My home is 5600+ sq ft

It's a two story on 1 .5 acres, with a Shop in the back Yard... it's only $425K....

Attachments

• 2 Front.jpg
    2 Front.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 200

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, except for gars post, at least it hasn’t turned political, yet. No matter where you are, it’s gonna cost. I have a big ol house in the sticks, it’s not worth a thing. Just got a bid on roof, windows, siding, $140,000.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And hey, nobody is better then the Cowboy. He is truly good, at what he does. That talk to text comes up with some funny stuff.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
camp on a pond and small river

Somebody just built a camp on a smallish pond and medium sized river near me. Two or three story, in the neighborhood of 50,000 sq ft, I probably won't be buying it when it hits the market. I'd have to have segways inside to get around!

Hu

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody just built a camp on a smallish pond and medium sized river near me. Two or three story, in the neighborhood of 50,000 sq ft, I probably won't be buying it when it hits the market. I'd have to have segways inside to get around!

Hu

He’s gonna need a bigger pond.